Stock Market

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

So I had this really vivid dream last night. I dreamed that I had access to a time machine and was wondering what to do with it, when it hit me. I'd combine what I love with what I knew.

So I went back in time to when the initial teaser trailer was out for Transformers (2007)... I cornered past self and said, "this movie is going to be huge and so is the sequel..." and I convinced him to buy as much stock in Hasbro as he possibly could. When I returned to the present I was comfortably well off moneywise.

When I woke up and laughed about the dream for a while, it struck me in short order that in fact, it probably would have been a pretty good idea.

Does anyone here own stock and play around on the market at all? Or even own stock in Hasbro?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about getting some when the TF3 toyline hits.

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

4. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    Here is my sad "almost" story. When I was a freshman in college, I thought about taking $2,000 of my student loan (as my parents had saved a decent amount for my education) and invest in Apple. This was in 1997, prior to the release of the first iMac. At the time, Apple stock was trading for about $12-$15 / share. Instead, I decided to spend the money on "having fun" (i.e. typical college experiences). I figured up about a year ago how much that investment would be worth now, and it would be worth a little over a $1 million.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    That was painful to read.