Still waiting for the DOTM Movie DVD with extras on it.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Avengers, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I held off buying the DOTM DVD movie. due to it not have any extras on it. I was optimistic they'd eventually release the DOTM extras on a single DVD release.

I already own the 2007 & ROTF Individual DVD movies with the extras on them.

It just seems kinda cruel to not include the extras on the individual DOTM DVD release. and only offer it on the Trilogy Blu ray set. This cruel Trilogy act got micheal bay's full support.

I'm willing to wait till black friday. If the DOTM dvd movie goes on sale that day for under $7. then i'm gonna buy it.

I am not paying full price after waiting a year. $7 or $9 is the highest I pay for the DOTM dvd without extras.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Never coming. It's never coming on VHS, either. Eventually, like with VHS, everyone will abandon the format for the next level. Paramount is trying to push people along on this process by only offering us the good stuff on Blu-Ray.

You can resist it for as long as you like, but eventually you will make the jump. You might honestly believe you won't, but you will.

Hell, I can remember audio cassette tapes. I had a ton of them. And when CD first came out, it seemed expensive and there was NO DOUBT whatsoever in my mind that I would NEVER own a CD player or any CDs.

Well, needless to say, that turned out to be wrong.

I've learned to shut up about stuff like that. I still am never an early adopter, and I didn't own a dvd player or a PS2 or whatever else until years after they'd been around and become more and more common (and had a couple price drops). And I didn't get a Blu-Ray player until not too long ago, either. In the meantime, I missed a lot of things various studios didn't include on their dvd releases. That's just the way it goes.

Long story short: Stop waiting. It's not coming. Ever.

Either get Blu Ray or accept you will not own these extras. At least, not legally. Alternately, you can still watch most or all of them on youtube. But Blu Ray players and Blu Rays themselves have become pretty cheap. You might want to just give in to the inevitable.

3. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Wait, I've buzzed youtube like crazy and I've never been able to find those extras. Link?

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Sorry, I know some were up at some point right after the BD release. It's possible Paramount has had them all taken down by now and watches for people putting them back up. So maybe that's off the table now.

Anyhow the DotM Blu-Ray is only $20. That's about what you'd find the bare-bones dvd for anyway. It may sound weird, but my advice is to just buy the Blu Ray and wait for the day you own a player.

Also, the Blu Ray with the special features INCLUDES the dvd as well, so you can buy the BD and still watch the movie right away on dvd. There's really no good reason not to.

And a decent player can be had for $70 or so. Maybe less now.

5. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    they are NOT doing an 2-disc DOTM DVD edition, Extras are exclusive to the 3D Blu-Ray release

6. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Most retails stores right now in America are selling the Dotm dvd movie for under $15 to $10.

Black friday & the Christmas buying season will see the DOTM dvd movie sell for under $7.

I'm gonna wait a few more months & get this for as cheap as I can.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Already covered! :thumbs2: 

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The Blu Ray and dvd are almost identically priced now. So the Blu Ray will probably be cheaper on Black Friday as well.

If you are talking about a difference of saving $3, you might want to look at it the other way around. Look at it as wasting $7, because you will eventually own a blu ray player and want the MUCH better looking version of the movie. Why buy it twice? Just get the BD/dvd combo. You can watch the movie now, and the extras will be there waiting for you to get a BD player.

9. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its not just on the trilogy set they are on the DOTM DVD (blu ray one)
    are you meaning you want the extras on a reguilar DVD one? non blu-ray?

10. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Darn. Well, that is good advice at any rate. I may as well buy the Blu Ray since it does come with the DVD. I've been warming up to Blu-rays lately given the significant price drop @ Walmart. They've gotten down to 10 bucks and two fer 10. Heck, if it's that low, I might as well buy Blu ray and get the faaaaaar more superior sound instead of the DVDs for the same price.

I think the thing that has kept me from buying a bluray player is figuring out which one I want. I have a computer hooked up to my TV to play games and digital movies so I haven't figured out if I want a bluray drive for the computer or a standalone player. Not to mention I've been wanting to finally pick up a PS3 so if I have a PS3, I don't necessarily need another player (unless it'll save wear and tear).

11. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I don't own a blu ray player either, pretty much up until father's day I figured I'd have to wait until I bought a blu ray player to own dotm. Then I was surprised to get as a gift, the blu ray combo pack which has the regular dvd, digital copy & blu ray as well. Guess it was pretty cheap at the time too.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I can understand the OP's irritation at DVDs getting the shaft on extras while all the good stuff gets put on the Blu-Ray release to try and make people buy that instead. I'm a big fan of extras and it's always been a main part of me deciding whether or not to buy certain titles. I have no interest right now in upgrading to a Blu-Ray player and I'll be holding out as long as possible until I'm forced to upgrade because titles I want are no longer released on DVD. Prices are coming down all the time and eventually I'll jump just like I did from VHS to DVD. Of course by then Blu-Ray will be outdated and everyone will be having to buy the next costly upgrade to get home versions of movies with a full compliment of extras.

13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    The extras are on the Blu-Ray 3D version, not the Blu-Ray version.

14. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Blu-ray

15. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    No. Blu-Ray 3D.

16. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Oops forgot to type the 3D in

17. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

and even then, that edition had crap for "extras". Unless you love seeing various stories on the damn parachute men

18. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I picked up a blu-ray player a few years ago cheap on sale for $60. One of the best things about blu-ray is not just because it has better picture and sound, though it helps but blu-ray players are also backward compatible. You can play your existing dvd library on your blu-ray player without having to ditch and replace everything you already own like was the case for vhs to dvd. I also find the blu-ray packs are usually a better deal than is the case with dvds now. Yes new blu-rays cost about $5 more than dvd, but with that you usually get the blu-ray movie, dvd movie, and digital movie all in one case where with the dvd version usually all you get is the dvd movie.

19. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I'm still not convinced the Blu-Ray player will catch on so fast. I think it's still a quick fad. by the time Blu-Ray does catch on it'll be too late because it'll be phased out with another player that is more superior.

20. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Except it's not a quick fad. At all. Bluray HAS caught on, and has become the new standard. Stores are still in the shift from DVD to Bluray (similar to the neverending shift from VHS to DVD) and at this point in time there is no successor in sight OUTSIDE of pure digital distribution networks. Now if you want to point fingers on anything that didn't catch on for HD format video? Take a good long look at HD-DVD.