Still think Evac should have been the Sonic. (Movie spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tonyformer, Jun 25, 2014.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    OMG. Not every car in the film HAS to be a Transformer. Yes it would have been a cool twist. It's Shane's racing car.

3. JayEm

JayEm マキシマルだよ

We know its Shane's car. Tony is just stating his opinion, one that I agree with.
    No need to be rude about it.

4. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Dude, I fucking know that! I'm just saying, it would have fit nicely and worked. Have you seen the movie? If not, you'll understand what I'm saying when I say the introduction of Shane and his car really felt like much more was supposed to be done with them and was cut for whatever reason. His character and the use of the car really could have been taken out and other things could have been done to achieve the same end effect that he and his car were used for. It really feels like more was intended to happen with Shane and the car.

5. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I would have liked it to be Evac also.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Evac technically is non-cannon, since the only time he ever shows up in any kind of movie-related fiction is the Universal rides which have their own mashed up version of the first two movies (and is, frankly, actually the best movie-design battle IMO as the human military doesn't get involved, it's just transformer-on-transformer ass whupping like it should be). Plus, Universal wouldn't like it too much if their ride-exclusive Deluxe Evac suddenly could be theoretically replaced by another version of him that isn't marked up in price because it's available outside the park.

Besides, is there a problem with there being a cool car in a Transformers movie that is actually just a freakin' car and not a transforming robot?

7. wrecker11

wrecker11 Wrecker

I was really hoping the rally would have been Cliffjumper.

8. tonyformer

News Credits:
    No there is no problem. Like I said, it just feels like it was intended to be. I guess done are not seeing what I am in that the car "in the movie" really felt as if they intended more for it. That's all I'm saying.

9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Rollbar, Lol.

10. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

It's kind of a waste of a good alt mode IMO

11. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

From the reviews and spoilers I've seen, its more like Shane and his car should've been cut from the film/script.

12. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    As much as i hate this scene.
    He does a good job being a teenage boyfriend, And his interactions with Cade are... Funny.

13. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get the feeling they probably originally planned for his car to be Evac as shown by them listing it as an Autobot in the marketing months ago and the constant crazy stunts the car seems able to do - such as hitting someone in the face with its tyre.

As for whether it should be a Transformer... would have been a little coincidental for me what with Cade 'accidentally' buying Optimus - and Shane 'accidentally' owning a member of the Knights Of Cybertron.

Though it could have been linked together and added to the whole mythos via having Evac (Who has realised Lockdown is here with his old 'Prime/Knight' ship) attempting to find Optimus in order to take the ship back or prevent Lockdown from destroying Earth.

You could then also tie-in Lockdown with Earth more closely giving him a secondary target to eliminate during the film - so Lockdown could have arrived to capture Optimus, shot Optimus and then get attacked by Evac who could have been killed off or captured also.

Then Shane and Cade could have teamed up with Evac to rescue Tessa and Optimus respectively.

-----

Alternatively Shane and his car could have been cut from the film to streamline the movie and have the whole film be about Cade learning to give his daughter responsibility, it would have been more impactful if Cade had been the only human to risk going after Tessa for example. The addition of Shane as a wacky scared side-kick boyfriend character seems to be rather unnecessary. Not 'bad' per say, just unnecessary.

14. OptimusOmega9

OptimusOmega9 Ninja Bot

Dude, I'm totally agree with you, Evac should be that Sonic.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    This gives me the impression most people want the Sonic to be a transformer simply because it's involved in an action scene and isn't a transformer.

Given how most of these pre-release screening reports TFW's getting only focus on the action sequences and are suspicously sparse on mentioning anything as to the human-heavy scenes, I'm not surprised.

I mean, what would the movie gain by the Sonic happening to also be a transformer? As proven before by how Jolt basically doesn't exist in ROTF by doing anything that couldn't have been done by another character who had been just standing around at the time, more Autobots don't necessarily improve the actual film.

All I can say to this is to repeat the question: besides that one scene, how would the addition of a Sonic transformer actually do anything to improve the movie?

16. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Would have been a hell of a coincidence for Shane to have Evac and Cade to have Optimus at the same time -_-

17. tonyformer

News Credits:
    the sonic being a TF would have helped the movie a lot. How? Because the whole first part of the movie with Attinger's men chasing Shane and the car was just way overdone and if it had been a TF and some of the vehicles chasing it (like the rally fighter) would have been a few of Lockdowns crew also helping Attinger, it would have been a very good spot to interject some robot BS robot action that was not OP vs lockdown.

18. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Not if the Sonic turned out to be Evac and Evac was also tracking down OP to aid him as to better link him to his story that they put so much detail into for "just a chactater for a ride" lol. They put a lot of thought into his back story for a reason. It may not be now but Hasbro is going be doing a lot more with Evac mark my words.

19. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Wouldn't KSI have tracked his Energon signal?

20. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Maybe, maybe not. He too could have been shut down somewhere. OP went into stasis lock and shut down and was not found. We don't know if Dino, Swipe and the other 2 Wreckers were tracked down. Which I'm almost certain most probably were tracked down. And we know that not all of the Cons on Earth have been tracked down either.