Still no wisper of TF4 or Reboot. whats going on?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Feb 8, 2012.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We all know how studios like to announce projects a head of time its nothing new. Paramount has already given paranormal activity 4 a release date so whats the deal with transformers? is it possible they may actually be giving bay a break and waiting for him to shoot pain and gain before they beg him to do TF4? or is something else going on behind closed doors? Im just starting to wonder due to the fact weve had no info since december and I know paramount and bay have been working hard on the DOTM limited edition bluray pack and the Transformers limited trilogy edition . But Its just odd we havent heard antyhing. Is anyone else not at least worried on the lack of info/news?

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Umm... Maybe they have to... Figure out if they want to do it?

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not worried. Don't care. If they make one, they make one. If they don't, they don't. Life goes on.

4. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Not worried at all.

The producers have already said SOMETHING will inevitably be happening eventually, which I'm sure we could all see coming anyway.

And, like you said, they've just finished up a HUGE amount of work on the three movies and big push to get the home media stuff for TF:D otM done for Christmas and shortly thereafter, which has barely been a month-and-a-half.

Not to mention the various hints from Dwayne Johnson and Michael Bay, plus the effects guys deliberately declining HUGE offers so they'll still be available when the time comes pretty much any day now.

That last one really clinched it for me, btw.

Given how loyal Bay is to his team it's hard to imagine him leavin' them hangin' for much longer, ESPECIALLY with all the megabucks just WAITING to be had.

Patience.

:) 

5. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I understand you're new but this could have easily gone in another TF4 thread. And no, I'm not worried.

6. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Don't worry, with all the money they make, i've no doubt there will be a TF4.

7. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    where has there been news about his team declining offers? That certainly does sound very interesting.

8. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
  9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

As far as I know, everyone is taking a break to do other things.

10. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Not worried in the least. The movies need to take a break so people don't get tired of them.

11. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you mean "no whispers"? There have been loads. Nothing official, but all sorts of people involved e.g. Tyrese Gibson, Rosie-Thingie, have "whispered" about it!

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "Hey guys let's totally announce all of our plans way in advance before we've made significant pre-production progress or even locked down the contractual and legal stuff! You know, giving our competition plenty of time to adjust their plans accordingly and setting ourselves up to look like total assholes if anything falls through in an industry built on public appearances!"
    "Why the fuck would we want to do that?"
    "Because PEOPLE on the INTERNET want to KNOW! DUH!"

13. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

^ This right here ^
    Im sure there will be a 4th. Dont see a reason why there wont be.
    Just gotta wait.

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Right now I think Hasbro is trying to use the success of the movies to push Prime as a series in other countries.

Plus, it's not even been a year after DOTM was released. Transformers movies have always been around two years between releases.

15. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

i would like to know if and when but i agree with this ^^
    Patience

16. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Safe to say that part was figured out a loooooong time ago.

17. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Hasbro want Bay to do another. But he is busy with a small budget film called "Pain & Gain". For everybody (including us) we've been fans of the Live Action Movie for 7 years (2005 - 2012). I guess we all deserve a big break. Besides, doing the same thing again and again will ultimately make it stale.

If you've been keeping up with the news I'm sure most of you read the Hasbro Earnings Conference Calls. On 2011 3rd Quarter call, Hasbro CEO specifically said that the freshness of the Live Action Movie toys, is gone now. Although on that day he mentioned doing a 4th movie... on the 4th Quarter Call not a single word was mentioned.

7 years, 3 movies... that's a big milestone. I'm a huge fan of the Bay Series but I myself would like to see a fresh start. By rebooting the Spider-Man movies it kept the originality of the Sam Raimi series intact. If a 4th movie came, it may not even be successful.

I'd love to see Mr. Bay return. But I know the guy deserves a break. I don't know why people hate him. For many years Transformers Franchise was only for the collectors. Bay came and turned it into a household name.

At this point I seriously do hope Hasbro and Paramount consider a reboot.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Simply put talk is cheap in Hollywood and movies cost money. As a producer, actor, director, screen writer, caterer, or anyone else you can say they should make another so and so movie. You can say stuff like that all day long and it doesn't cost a dime.

But movies that's a whole other kettle of fish. Back during the first movie most of the actors said they signed a three movie deal. That means for Transformers 4 you'd need new contracts for everyone and when films make money agents want more money for their clients. Lots of other factors that make it more expensive to film more sequels.

And this whole it made a boat load of money so there will be more movies. Yea I've heard it before. Back in 1983 people were saying oh my goodness Star Wars is a media juggernaut breaking all sorts of box office records so the sequel episode 7 should come out any day now. Yea still waiting on episode 7. Or sure Ghostbusters 2 was not quite up to the first movie but any day now they will start filming on Ghostbusters 3. Making money doesn't always mean they will just rush right into another film, look at how long Indiana Jones could go between films.

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    There's far more worthwhile things to worry about.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering that the proper home release of DOTM with the special features along with a trilogy boxset were JUST released last week, it's not shocking that they're not announcing any new movies already. Give it a few months.