Customs: Still need a trailer for Cyb/TFTM Armorhide?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Methusalen, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Hey, I just wanted to pass this along to anyone who has wanted to make their own trailer for either Cybertron or TFTM Armorhide!
    My repainted trailer:
    [​IMG]

I was taking a look through Target's toy isles the other day and saw this in the Hot Wheels area:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, anyone who missed the "Truckin' Transports" can now get the "Racing Rigs" trailer for use with their own custom!

Attached Files:

2. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    yup, those work great for him.... now all he needs is some minicons to haul.:D 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Awesome find, buddy :thumb 

4. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

I wish the trailer's wheels looked different, but Ilike it!
    I ran a search for them. I found both the Mission Control transporter and another one (with different wheels) called V-Rroom! I'm looking for something more suited to carrying a ground-based vehicle, like Legends Sideways or Legends Recon Barricade (or G1 Windcharger, if he's small enough.)

What I'm currently cooking up is a trailer for Movie Armorhide, who I'm lightly repainting and "rebadging" as Goliath (remember the near-impervious, missile-firing rival to Knight Rider's K.I.T.T. driven by Hasselhoff with an "evil" goatee? That Goliath.) I said barely repainting because his already black and dull silver colors already said "Decepticon". I like the decal y'all use, but may have to modify the design for a black Decepticon version with yellow and chrome/silver stripes.

As I write, I'm learning that a 3rd version of the same truck was done in a grayish color (meaning I won't need slap a new base color on it) and called "Track Surveillance" (I think the white one with the blue truck was "Global Surveillance"...). If I got the gray one, I'd still be stuck with those gawdawful red wheels unless I mine some from another source. "V-Rroom!" (also the name for a few other HW products -- don't ask) was originally the "X-Raycers" transport and came with a clear-bodied car. On the upside, it also came with armored silver wheels. If the cab wheels are the same width as the trailer's, it's only a matter of cracking one open... but can the cab be unscrewed?

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I so wish i hadnt missed out on those stickers

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    C, I really want to see at least some wip threads with photos from you! All these years as a Radicon, and I've still not seen any of your work!

Talk to Delta. They may not be free, but he still may be able to hook you up with a set :thumb 

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
  8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    If the trailer's wheels bother ya much, you can always do what I did, and get another Armorhide, rip his arms off, and glue them in place of those wheels on the trailer.

9. Methusalen

News Credits:
    I got my stickers after the offer had expired. I had to pay for them, but it was *well* worth it!

-As for a gallery of my own, I think I'll wait a while... I should really get around to painting the interior of the trailer! -Remember, the one I'd painted previously got slagged when I tried to strip the paint off it!
    :banghead: 
    Once I get around to it, I'll put together a gallery of it!

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Awesome.

I'd love to see more interest in this project too. I still haven't made mine yet :lol 

11. Cybertronian

I just got a ride to the nearest Target, hoping to have the same incredible luck you did. Unfortunately, my Target had 7 flatbed Transports (Speed Haul, the new Nitro Doorslammer) and 1 "Haulin' Heat" (the new blue Jet Threat transport). So I bought the Haulin' Heat. I'm going to check it out when I get back home, but just the same, I'm going to eBay the Global/Track Surveillance/Mission Control, and see about getting a X-Raycer Rig in the hopes of have success "wheel swapping". It sounds like a gamble, but wish me luck all the same.

If I am lucky, expect to see me offer a Haulin' Heat Transporter in NMI(Opened)P condition.
    -- Cybertronian.

12. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Hard for me to believe you will at this point. You've put it off for so long, the line is so long-since-dead, I find it hard to believe you'll ever have the interest to pick it up and do it now. :( 

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Eh, it's a "rainy day" project more so for me, though. Typically, if it's not on my Alt list, it's not on the high priority for me, whatever it is. I have the trailer and the labels, so it'd just be a matter of doing the project. Personally, I think it'd be cool to see a renewed interest in this project anyways :) 

14. Methusalen

News Credits:
    I'd like to see some renewed interest in the Boombox project...
    :horse: 
    But, with Sculpt-bot 'in retirement', and no word on the project in over two years, I'm close to calling this one...

(I'm still crossing my fingers though... And do you blame me? Between Redline's Digibashes and Sculpt-Bot's custom head, this thing was/is/will be a work of art!)

15. REDLINE

News Credits:
    contact SB, he maybe might have a head or two still. The problem was the decals. The guy working on designing them nearly finished, but hasn't done the last part, and he's become a really busy guy with little to no free time.

16. Methusalen

News Credits:
    Thanks for the information Redline!

17. Cybertronian

Just writing to inform you that 2 of the Racing Rigs I eBayed came in mail today.

Coming in today is the all-silver version of the Global Surveillance Truckin' Transporter. In having a gray/silver trailer, it means I don't have to paint it. :D  Unfortunately, unlike the all-blue Mission Control Racing Rig, there's no cool interior decal. (Of course, if there was, I'd likely have to sacrifice it.) I like the Invader vehicle (that came with the blue one) so much, I may try to find one to match Movie Armorhide/Goliath's silver trailer. Either that or figure out what Legends/Spychanger/G2 Go-Bot Decepticar I can pair him with. (So far, only ROTF Leg. Sideways and a Nightracer custom I haven't painted/reassembled come to mind.)

The second piece to come in (and I was really counting on it) is the X-Raycers Racing Rig. Although there's a cool push-button launching feature to deploy the (crappy) car inside (Similar to Metroplex, with Scamper in the main garage), The principal feature to this truck is the same one for other "X-Raycers" vehicles: its use translucent plastic on otherwise conventional vehicle bodies. The reason I wanted this piece so bad is to see if I could mine the armored wheels off of this truck. That's where the bad news comes in. Only the cab's front and single trailer wheel are narrow enough to fit the wheel base of the Mission Control/Global Transport's trailer. Though both wheels (on X-Raycers) can easily be removed, the wheels of the main trailer are sealed in place AFTER unscrewing the panel underneath them. I don't have the skill (or power tools/dremel) to remove the plastic holding them in place and then re-seal the opening after plopping the new wheels in. :cry  (Plus, I think one of the new wheels would have clipping/rubbing issues once installed.)
    So until I'm lucky enough to get some help (or tips on how) to complete the swap, the default wheels will have to do. :( 

For more good news, I'm working with Delta to produce a Decepticon variant of the Cyb. Armorhide Reprolabels. So long as I didn't over-complicate things (again; in this case I wanted to add an extra chrome horizontal stripe and use Cyclonus's black shoulder decal as an interior detail), something wonderful will turn out as a result.
    Wish me luck, y'all.
    -- Cybertronian.

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Cybertronian, I wish you well :thumb 

Also, post a wip thread with some photos! At least post some photos of your ebay score!

19. Cybertronian

I forgot to ask one thing: Redline, Methusalen, how did y'all do the trailer stand/legs?