Sticky thread proposal: TF Merch Sightings

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Voiceroy, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I love that we have a whole forum devoted to TF toys. And we have the incredibly useful stickied thread for Upcoming and Current Releases.

But there's one aspect of TF collecting that I really wish we had a central thread for: merchandise. You know, all the non-transforming toy product that's of particular interest to collectors like Alphie, ams and me.

I keep up with recent merch releases, and for years here I've had a constant dilemma about where to post recent merch sightings. "General Discussion" seems too... general. And a lot of merch isn't considered "Toys." Also, many merch items don't seem "newsworthy" so I don't like posting them in "News & Rumors" either.

I loved the thread ams maintained for Movie Toys & Merchandise. It was really useful for me and a very popular thread (32.7K views), and I was sorry to see it fall into the void after 2007 ended.

We also have a thread on Weird TF Products that's been running since late 2009 and that I've made several contributions to.

Various merch sightings are sometimes frontpaged, and for a while I did a thread on recent TF merch sightings at Walmart.

Okay, so now you're saying enough already with the history of TF merch posts on TFW -- get to the point!

My point is this: I would like to propose a single TF (non-toy) merch/product thread. This would not only make me very happy but I would make regular contributions to it, and it's something I firmly believe would be a great resource for other fans too.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you want to set up an "Official Transformers non-toy Merchandise" thread or similar please be my guest. Toy Discussion, despite the "toy" part, is probably the best fit. If it really takes off and you guys get a lot of good information in there we could look into stickying it down the line as a resource.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Thanks, Sol! Will do! I've got a fresh batch of merch pics to upload after Black Friday.