Customs: sticky paint?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Orion_Prime48, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    seems like everytime I post in this section it gets no replies hopefully thisll be different.

I got a custom PR figure today and the paint on it is very sticky, is there any way at all to remove the stickyness of it without removing the paint?

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Simple answer: No.

More complicated Answer: Try a coat of varnish, see if that helps.

3. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    sounds like the paint may not have been able to dry completely between coats. Another thing is that is may have been sealed with a dull coat of some sort, and dull coats are more porous and rough, so they feel sticky.

Or, the paint just might not have had time to cure, best not to handle it too much.

That's just from what I remember back in my modeling days, some of my paints always felt rougher than I wanted.

Another thing might be, that if all the paint has been brushed on, there might be some leveling issues in which the paint pooled in low areas and is not exactly dry or cured yet again......:2c: 

4. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

was it sticky all over the figure? or just some small spots... sometimes if there are some small rubber pieces that might get sticky for me.. but since its small i just honestly coat it with superglue.. i have a superglue brush one so its easy to do a thin coat..

but wen it comes to getting paint/seal coat off.. i use nail polish remover... may take long and you have to be careful not to over due it because u might ruin the figure itself.. but it does work with patients

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

How long ago was it painted? Coating it with Future might work. It always has for me.

Can we see pics of it?

6. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

thats the general figure the only sticky parts are those gold bands on the arms and legs and a few spots on the helmet and holster. the sheild was painted too but its not sticky at all same with the sword

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Yea, I would just coat it with future.

8. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    a friend of mine recommended acrylic gel medium. it sounds good enough cause id rather use something thatll leave it with its current matte finish and something that isnt spray I just feel safer with a brush. what do you guys think?