Customs: Stickers?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I made some stickers for aprevious kitbash (General Lee) but don't like the look. They seem to "paper-y" for lack of a better term. I need something glossy. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they use and where to get it?

2. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Avery makes an assload of different types of labels for inkjet and laser printers...they may have something that's glossier than what you've already tried. If you don't have a color laser printer, you could take your stuff to kinko's and have them print it out for you on the sticker sheets that you prefer. Case in point, what have you been using up to this point (printer and sticker types)?

3. Wreckgar

I have aphotosmart inkjet printed and was using a sticker paper but can't remember what. Today though, I did find the Testors decal making sheet. Going to try that out for now. Hope it works.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Heard the Testor sheets work very well. Need pics when you're done dammit.

The GLee rules btw, have one gracing my Alt collection

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you use the testors kit, you're working with what are called waterslide decals. They look great, but you HAVE to clearcoat. Waterslide decals are not designed to be places atop the paintwork and left exposed. For starters, the adhesive on them is VERY weak, only enough to keep them in place until sealed. Waterslide decal is also easily damaged if not protected.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Wreckgar, I used Desktoplabels.com to order gloss, inkjet-printer-ready label/sticker paper to print all of my generic Autobot/Decepticon stickers. They look great on Alternators. I'm more of a decal person, but these stickers have, so far, worked really well in all sorts of places - I've also used them for Legos.

7. Wreckgar

Going to try the decal sheet today. What I found disturbing is that the pack comes with 1 sheet? WTF is that? I spend 8.00 on one sheet? And what's the white background sheet for?