Stickers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MagiRanger, Jan 16, 2007.

1. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    So, am I the only one here who doesn't apply stickers to figures and hates them as a whole?

As much as they make something look better, I can't bring myself to apply something I know i'll screw up and will probably start peeling someday.

2. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The decals are one of my favorite parts.
    All of my G1 troops are fully stickered up thanks to Reprolabels.
    And they use vinyl decals and not the paper decals that Hasbro uses.
    Depending on the grade of vinyl, reprolabes could last decades if they are not exposed to the elements.

3. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    Yeah, too bad I don't really collect G1 TFs. Has Repro Labels ever considered making stickers for other types of toys? Like Sentai or Brave mecha?

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Reprolabels makes lego shirts.

I guess I should clarify - Reprolabels makes shirts and pants decals for lego figures.

5. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

If i have a G1 without stickers i leave him that way. i like them MIB with stickers unapplied.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    With stickers, I tend to use them if it adds something (on my braves, it was things like the stripes that break up areas of solid colour and stuff like that). Since the designs were simplified for the shows, I went with the stickers that were present on the show models and no more than that.
    For TFs, I only apply the stickers that really add something. Usually one or two only.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    One of the major things I miss about G1 is the label sheets. I had SO much fun as a kid getting a new TF and applying the labels.

Even today, I have a sheer amount of fun applying labels I make for my customs. Part of making my own labels for my customs is to recapture some of that same enjoyment I had as a kid. Are there are some of the labels I've made that would look better as paint apps to my customs? Sure. However, part of making my customs is the process as well as the enjoyment of that process. Polluck proved that sometimes art isn't as much about the finished product but the process itself.

. . . and with all of that said, I'm pretty excited about getting KP Autorooper for this reason (it certainly isn't his package :banghead:  ).

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I do add decals to toys (generally G1) if it looks better with (some don't). If there's a decal that looks like it will be damaged by parts moving, I'll leave it off.

Oh yeah, I've also been adding reprolabels faction symblos to Classics toys, 'cuz they needs 'em.

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Stickers are cool for all of the G1 figures EXCEPT the Season 3 Triple Changers. They just look gawd-awful with them.

10. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Tweezers are your friend. They keep the oil from your fingers from ruining your stickers and allow you to get in areas where your fingers could not fit. Personally, I really like stickers. I think they add a lot to the toy.

Reprolables should just set up an automatic bank draft from me, cause I've bought just about all they've made. Love the new Classics stickers...

[​IMG]

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love 'em. But it has to be the right kind of figure; if you stick a faction sticker on say an Energon bot, it looks really out of place. On G1 they're great. Tweezers are your friend though.