Stickers for TRU Insecticon reissues = FAIL

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cornholiocon, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

I finally picked up the Insecticon reissues last week and noticed today that the stickers on them seem worse than most of my other G1 reissues in that they don't stay properly applied. I've only transformed them into robot mode once and already Shrapnel's arm stickers are 50% unglued and Bombshell's large foot stickers are also only half applied any more. Kickback seems to be the only one with decent stickers.
    Has anyone else experienced this with their sets? Other than applying a little regular glue to the faulty portions of the stickers, are there any other fixes out there?
    Thanks.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
  4. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    For Bombshell's feet, the sticker is large and folds around a corner, cut the sticker were it needs to bend around the corner. All of my stickers pretty much stay on, but you have to be patient, I use a toothpick with the tip sanded or broken off. Basically you want a stick with a rounded tip. Use the toothpick to rub the stickers on. Everytime I get a new TF I take my time to apply stickers and rub each sticker several times with my fingers or use a toothpick to rub stickers in tight grooves. Spraying some clear coat on the figure can help. I wouldnt want to do it to my reissue insecticons, but I did clear coat my KO devastator.

5. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

Sound like great suggestions, guys.
    Thanks!

6. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

I thought I was the only one with the stickers problem on the reissue Insecticons. Might order a set from reprolables though.

7. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My honest opinion though, I cannot believe that we spend good money for these figures and something like stickers not staying on properly is unacceptable. TFs are not cheap and having to spend an additional 7 bucks for stickers is not cool. I like applying the stickers, it makes it that much more entertaining when I buy a TF, but if reprolabels can come out with better stickers, then Hasbro can do the same.

8. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I totally agree! It makes no sense :crazy: 

9. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm surprised things aren't worse. Hasbro gives us crap stickers. TakaraTomy gives us degraded Combaticons. It seems ridiculous that the knockoff producers seem to be the most industrious of the bunch when it comes to quality as of late. I mean, really: it's allegedly not financially feasible for TakaraTomy to recreate Sunstreaker, Mirage, and Wheeljack's molds, yet it apparently turns enough of a profit for some pesky Chinese bootleggers to do so? Give me a break. :redface2: 

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Depends on how you apply them, if you are fiddeling with your finger the natural fat from your fingers will make the sticker hold badely.

1) wipe the area were you are goign to place the sticker with a soft cloth,
    2) use something else then your fingers when taking the sticker, like a small clipper
    3) optional, use gloves, that way the fat from yoru giners wont get on the toy.
    4) after applying the sticker, rubb it with something( tootpick that been suggested, or your hand with a glove on

(by glove I mean like plastic gloves like hospitolas use sort of)

5) if anything else fails, use a strong, clear glue, and just use tiny,tiny,tiny,tiny ammount on it and the sticker will hold.

you dont know they make a profit for the Sunstreak for example, TT is a much more of a bigger company and it needs to be cost effectiv. TT vs bootlegccompanym, please they are not even in the same leauge.

11. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Wow, the stickers are that bad? My TFC ones are pretty good though.

12. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

i

I was wondering this myself, most of my reissue stickers are ok, but If I paid retail for these guys, I would be pissed if my stickers were bad too, the Reprolabels are going to be a necessary evil if they stickers won't stay though.

If you think these are bad, get the Target exclusive Conquest and Rattler, they missed the printer a smidge and all of them had a double vision style look to them, I still have yet to buy stickers for my rattler, sigh.

13. Thelbert

Thelbert Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the stickers are my only complaint about these guys. Might have to invest in some reprolabels for them and some of my other vintage G1 figures.
    Just...don't take super glue to them. huge mess. Ugly. blah...

14. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    wow, hearing the stickers is almost making me reconsider getting these guys. You're already paying $35 for them you shouldn't have to pay another $7 to get stickers that stick from Reprolabels

15. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Oh god, the spelling...the grammar...the horror... :banghead: 

And you missed my point. From what I can tell, the members of this board (in addition to several reviewers) who've seen the KO Mirages and KO Wheeljacks put out haven't complained about their quality and have said both products are quite good (except for the ridiculous prices). General consensus, however, said that KO Swoop is indeed crap.

However, I've seen many, many people complain about the mold degradation on the Encore Combaticons. I mean, look at this:

Mold Issues for Takara-Tomy Encore 16 Bruticus - Transformers News

Look at that and tell me with a straight face that TakaraTomy "released an excellent product that adheres to stringent quality controls standards".

16. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Is anyone having problems with the decepticon chest symbols. They are the only ones, if any, I may want to apply.

17. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    there is problems with the conquest stickers? i got to check that out when i get home...i'm going to be extra careful putting on my insecticon's stickers when i get to open them on my birthday (they still haven't arrived yet)

18. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Nope, you should be fine. But Bombshell's stickers will not stay on. The leg stickers are the most problematic.

19. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    this may sound weird...but it works sometimes with warhammer figs. try brushing the area with soapy water with a toothbrush or something lightly, then let it dry off, then try.

20. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I had the same issue with my TFC Insecticons. I had to get Reprolabels for them.