Repro/Sticker: Stickers for Battle in Space Hot Rod with Protector

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Delta Star, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is meant as an integration set, to tie these two unmatched pieces together better.

Attached Files:

2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    most of the rest looks great, but again, the flame style just doesn't say rodimus/prime to me.

They look like a rose bush, or thorns instead of flames, and they just don't sit right. Maybe the yellow lines are too thick?
    I'd say stick closer to the g1 style of flames instead of the angular ones on protector, or even the original rodimus (classics).

I am glad that you are trying for us, and the rest looks great, my only other nitpicky bit, no autobot symbol for the spot on his chest/torso....

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Oh I LOVE this one! I used your original sticker set on my V1 Rodimus, so was intending to use BIS Roddy for the Protector armor, and I think this set does a great job tying the two color sets together...

D/L

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Nice

5. landmind666

landmind666 Active Member

i like the trailer stickers of this one and love the hotrod sticker from the other. though both sets do a sweet job on the drone

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Great work on the integration of these 2. Those flames and blue areas really tie them together well. Also using the different shades of red on each figure is a great idea :thumb 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I mostly agree with nobi here. However, I do appreciate the effort in trying to integrate the Rodimus into the Protector trailer with the Protector's flame style (the more jagged flame).

I think that this set would absolutely rock if there was the option of G1 style flames for the hood and sides as well.

8. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the idea of the jagged flames is very cool. Perhaps if you kept the G1 layout of the flames, but hardened the edges to match the protector set it would look better. I also would like some black to place on the Rodimus legs to match Protector's feet better than the stock grey. Looking nice otherwise.

9. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

i like this set more than the other, but i concure on the flames. great job none the less.

10. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [/QUOTE]I think that this set would absolutely rock if there was the option of G1 style flames for the hood and sides as well.[/QUOTE]

this. i was hoping for something awesome from this set. while i love the style of the flames they just dont say "rodimus prime" to me and on a figure alot of people had aready said wasnt g1 rodimus enough for them it seems to seperate the figure more from the the character of rodimus. i think you did a good job of tying bis rodimus to the projector armour though

11. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    These look really nice. I don't see anything to complain about! Great job man!!!!

12. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

the pipe flames are ridiculously awesome.

13. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These flames are WAAAY better than the other ones. I think I may have to go pick up this roddy just for this set. Great job guys. Also I like the data sticker with the silhouette of shadow scyther on it.

14. CH@OS!

CH@OS! Looking for my next job

Looks like I'll just be using this set for just the trailer stickers but it's still a very cool upgrade. so when do they go on sale?

15. Predarican

Predarican Top Gunner G1er

Ebay:
    Sooo what about the people who brought the original Hot Rod upgrade set you have???

16. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The original Hot Rod stickers, if you like them with the trailer, will still work well with the non-flame part of the set. We'll be selling them separately, so you don't have to get the flames. The only thing is you'll have a choice to either leave Hot Rod's side flames on, or replace them with the new orange paneling.

17. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

bingo! thus set rules. these are the jagged flames I'd like to see on the other set. the integration is wonderful for this , I think youd make a killing if you made a shadow scythes version like this to use for wildrider. a regular shadow version would be cool too

18. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would actually prefer stickers for the camper so it would be more SG rodimus match. That would be fantastic.

19. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Looks good, but not enough to convince me to get it. I would really reccomend it to a friend for sure though.

20. Soundwave_FSD

Soundwave_FSD Yoda in a track suit...

You have given me hope for Rodimus!