Customs: sticker removal

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Bucket Head, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

hey all....aspiring repainte2 Bucket here with a question. what do you use to remove the pre-existing stickers and labels and whatnot off of the G1 'bots? I want to do some repaints of G1 seekers, but the things are loaded with stickers and the like. I have tried a few things, but most either marr the surface of the plastic, or don't work. And I don't have the patience for scraping them off with a razor blade.

thanks

Bucket

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  2. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

My 2 cents...
    ahhh i have never really taken stickers off of a transformer b4 but if i had taken stickers off something, .. i use hot water... maybe u should soak the figure in hot water for a while and then use a blade and try to "patiently" take it off... or take a hot soaked towel/sponge and rub it off at the corners gently.. and if it starts to come off, then proceed with a blade... ya ur going to have to be patient either way haha ..

3. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

actually i was reading the other threads on taking stickers off also.. u should look around on the bottom of this thread and some ppl use other products, so u should read into that.. but i'd suggest water.. JUST BECAUSE, u dont wanna do any harm to the transformer and u dont kno how other products will react to certain plastics or materials.. but ya read other threads

4. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

uhh...thanks. U R A big help. ((sorry---couldn't resist. I hate text speak!))

bucket

5. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Fingernails and hand sanitizer. That stuff removes adhesive quite well. :) 

6. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I always heat the stickers up with a hair dryer. This works on removing price tags from cards/boxes as well. Instead of getting sticky residue, it peels off with no trace left behind.

7. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just dry a little warm water on them and good ol finger nails they come right off, infact most G1 collectors struggle keeping the things on thier figs so gettin em off aint much of an issue i have found!