Sticker removal

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Th0r4z1n3, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    OK here's the deal... a while back I got a G1 Metroplex from a friend of mine (great deal, but a story for another time). Aside from missing some of the accessories the bot is in GREAT shape, only one small spot of chrome ware on the leg, rubber wheels fully intact, all the joints are still stiff, ect., but the stickers were applied horrably wrong. So I'm in the process of cleaning him up and removing all of the stickers so I can put a Reprolable set on him, but I'm having trouble getting all the sticker residue off of him, and a lot of the sticker backing has been left behind when I removed the original stickers. Seems that no matter how much I scrub some of the areas the goo just smears around leaving an obserdly shiny spot where the sticker used to be. I was wandering if there is something that I can use safely remove the sticker residue without damaging the toy, or more importantly if there is anything that I should NOT be using. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, ty.

On an up note, I was able to find Scamper's gun on ebay for just $6...w00t! (I'm kinda proud of that)

NOTE TO MODS: I wasn't sure where to put this, if you feel it's more appropriate for another area please feel free to move it.

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Goo Gone works wonders. I've taken price tags off of 20-year-old boxes with the stuff. Removing stickers or residue off the actual toys takes about 5 seconds. :thumb 

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    should'be been the customs forum.. but no need to ask, just go click on the kitbasher's resource sticky at the top of the forum, it answers the majority of questions anyone might have.

4. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Kool, thanks that's all I needed to know. Just wanted to know if it was gonna damage the toy before I used it. ty again.

5. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

nail polish remover works good, nut dont leave it on too long <('-'<)

6. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Watch out for the nail polish remover, some of that stuff will dissolve plastic pretty quickly. Goo gone may be your best bet, and I've had luck with lighter fluid as well.

7. Master Sing

Master Sing G1 OG

Koo

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Hiro Prime put me onto using lighter fluid to strip stickers; it works a treat, and evaporates off with no residue and no damage to the plastic.

9. AMG

AMG Old School

Rubbing Alcohol works wonders for this.