Sticker question for G1 Megatron owners

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Valkysas, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    With the encore reissue on it's way, and me not having touched a Megatron for 20 years, I would like to ask Megatron owners about sticker application.

I know a lot of his stickers go on parts that are very involved with his transformation. the tabs to slide his fists out are surrounded by stickers, and wear out easily because of all the rubbing at that area. there's also stickers that go on the metal bars that his legs are mounted on, and I remember those getting scratched to hell too.

So I'm wondering if there are other stickers that I might not want to apply because of that. I handle all my figures a lot, but I don't want them to ever look worn out, so I'm very careful in selecting what stickers I apply and which ones I leave on the sheet.

Thanks ahead of time.

2. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah some stickers go in some 'sticky' places. The inside of the legs you're fine though, they don't get marked up, but the bellybutton/part that gets revealed under the chest area you might want to be careful with, though I have 2 vintage ones that are still fine with the sticker stuck there. The only other spot I can think of is on the rubsign/decepticon area of the handle on the side where his barrel swings around and under his arm. The barrel sort of rubs on that area, is peeling off my rubsign on my rubsign version.

Here's some vintage pics of a bit of wear if it helps (see the pulled/torn rubsign on the bottom one?):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    thanks man, thats a huge help. so if I don't put the stickers on his lower arms, and keep the decepticon symbol off the side of his handle that the barrel sits against, he'll be fine?

4. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yup I think that should keep you safe. That top one from my pics (just got it) is looking fine (I assume you see the slight sticker rippage on the forearm from pushing the hands in and out and that`s why you don`t want to put those ones on) and it is at least 22 years old.