Minor/Repaint: Steven Universe Transformers Crossovers Shapeways Kits

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shockblade501, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Shockblade501

Shockblade501 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words all! Really does keep me going!

I'll be getting her painted up once I have all the parts successfully tested, as for the other gems I hope I answered that in the post above

Glad I could influence someone to look into it, and thanks for the compliment!

Thanks for that input, it did help me make the decision to switch!

This will all definitely be going up on shapeways, glad you think it'll sell well!

Not a stupid question at all! I'm using Autodesk 3DS Max, I've also been able to do pretty similar sculpting with Autodesk Maya and Blender as well. If you're looking into 3d modeling, you can get a 3 year student trial of almost any autodesk software as long as you have access to a college email or any email ending in a ".edu". And then there's blender which is always completely free, it just has a very different workflow from the others and isn't used professionally in the industry for reasons I don't fully understand because it does have some powerful tools and features. If you do go that route, the BlenderGuru on youtube is an excellent teacher!

2. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Speaking of, do you have a store or account up or will you create it when this launches?

• Like Like x 2
  3. DrWangenstein

DrWangenstein Member

Its awesome to know youre still passionate about thus project and that youre so far along!

You be got something special on your hands here man, keep up the great work

As for the gauntlets, I think that the tapered cylinder might work best

4. Richard598

Richard598 Always think positive

I agree with the new gauntlet design, it seems like it’ll be a good fit. I understand you’ve got real life things going on but I appreciate the update! Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Shockblade501

Happy late Valentine's day everyone! I stuck to what I said and got it done slightly before Chinese New year! I've placed my order for the prototypes and once I know shapeways can print it successfully, they'll be on my shapeways shop for everyone!
    To answer this question, my shapeways name is the same as my tfw name and my shop is called the Figure Factory, but its currently empty.

Oh! Also I felt like making some professional style promo images for garnetron so here they are!
    garnetron render.jpg garnetron combiner render.jpg
    And just to prove it's possible to hold that hammer, I went and checked the grip strength of the hands with Magnus's hammer
    20180207_223658.jpg 20180207_223649.jpg 20180207_223645.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  6. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

And a happy Valentine’s Day to you! It feels great that you’ve got an update like this, this project has come so far

• Like Like x 1
  7. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    She looks amazing.

8. DrWangenstein

DrWangenstein Member

Re
    Fucking
    Splendent

9. Richard598

Yes! So stoked to see this come to fruition!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shockblade501

Well, I just got the notification that shapeways shipped the order which means that nothing got rejected! But I'm not completely in the clear yet. I need to make sure that the tolerances are good on the shapeways versions once I receive them, and if all is good then it's up on the shop they go! I'm so excited to have made it this far!

In other news, toy fair has come and gone with very little new information on upcoming PotP toys, but we did learn that Firestar(Novastar) is just a headswap of Moonracer. I'm not too keen on having Amethyst and Pearl, two completely different gem types, be represented by the same mold, so for now, unless a better mold presents itself, Amethyst will remain as the Jumpstream/Breakdown mold.

And thanks for all the kind words guys! Couldn't do it without ya!

I hope to have an update with the finished version of Garnetron by the weekend!

• Like Like x 8
  11. Shockblade501

I just got the shipment in today! 20180226_212307.jpg
    Before I show you how they turned out, I thought I'd just show you everything that lead to this point all at once. 20180226_211647.jpg That's every iteration(or at least every iteration that didn't go in the garbage) of the designs as I tuned it all to work right. I got better towards the end because I bought a caliper that made it way easier to make the models without printing it out so many times and tweaking each time to get the right fit. And all that has lead to this! 20180226_143503.jpg im going to get right to work on separating the sprues now and making sure it all fits right, hopefully for the last time, but I just wanted to give an update before I get to work!

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 9
  12. WEEGEE

WEEGEE LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK!

News Credits:
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(3).jpg C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(2).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    It’s so exciting seeing this project coming to fruition. Looking forward to its continued progression and getting the parts ordered when they are ready to go on Shapeways.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Richard598

Yeeeess! My Hot Spot just came in, so I am ready for this!

15. Shockblade501

Thanks! Great to hear! I'm sure you'll be pleased with what I have to say next!

That's the spirit! I think...

Alright guys, It's finally ready! The parts are officially for sale! The parts I received had some looseness in the fingers and peg on the combiner chest, and some tightness in the wrist, so I did some minor tolerance tweaking on all that so they'll likely give a warning about never being tested or something but don't worry that just means it's even better than the prints I got. And besides that everything else fit beautifully! I made a new thread specifically for tips and guidelines on this kit, I posted some new pictures and the links for the products pages (don't worry I'm posting them here too). I'll also be making some assembly charts very soon and posting them to that thread, but this thread will remain as the place I update for the project as a whole.

Here ya go!

Bot Head (single part): Garnetron Bot Head (Single Part) by ShockBlade501 on Shapeways

Bot Head (2 parts): Garnetron Bot Head (2 Parts) by ShockBlade501 on Shapeways

Bot Chest: Garnetron Bot Chest by ShockBlade501 on Shapeways

Gauntlets: Garnetron Gauntlets by ShockBlade501 on Shapeways

Combiner Head: Giant Woman (Garnetron Combiner Head) by ShockBlade501 on Shapeways

Combiner Chest: Giant Woman Chest (Garnetron Combiner Chest) by ShockBlade501 on Shapeways

Garnetrons.jpg 20180227_002508.jpg 20180227_003602.jpg
    Pics of the painted version coming soon!

• Like Like x 5
  16. Shockblade501

• Like Like x 4
  17. WEEGEE

WEEGEE LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK!

News Credits:
    "I can now make my own st-st-steven uni-universe combiner-
    [​IMG]
    I'm sorry biggie! HaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

• Like Like x 3
  18. Bitstream

Bitstream Nobody's side

I suddenly find myself thinking this needs to have a Prime Master Steven as a companion. I wonder which Pretender suit would make the best Stevonnie armor....

• Like Like x 1
  19. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

How about stevonnie into battle trap!?

20. Digger

Digger ごはん は おかず

Looks great, what do you think the combiner limb placement will be. The arms look a bit disproportionate.