Minor/Repaint: Steven Universe Transformers Crossovers Shapeways Kits

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shockblade501, Jul 14, 2017.

1. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 I'm a schoolgirl on the inside. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have to admit when I first read your post I was extremely skeptical and figured this was just going to be another random, not thought out pipedream thread. Your proof of concepts though are promising. Do you posess any 3d modeling abilities to create these for shapeways?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shockblade501

Shockblade501 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I've been planning to make figure upgrades for quite some time now, this is just the first time I've set aside enough time to see it to fruition. As for experience, I'm coming into my 4th year studying it at college, I have less experience with 3d printing but I think I'm about to buy a 3d printer for test prints!

3. PaperSheep

PaperSheep Well-Known Member

I am extatic for this project!! Do it! If I had a delhxe groove, I would send it to you. but I don't :(  I've been mulling over the idea of aSteven Universe Transformers crossover. But I only got as far as painting TR sawback into Lion. I painted it pink.

4. Shockblade501

Thanks so much for the support! Funny that you painted Sawback into Lion because I'm actually going to make a Pink Lars Titanmaster face specifically for a pink painted Sawback!

• Like Like x 2
  5. THEOrize2000

THEOrize2000 Well-Known Member

Interesting concepts, I wouldn't have enough money for this but it would surely be nice to have. Good luck, hope it turns out well in the end.

6. Shockblade501

These 2 are probably my favorites so far I figured Lapis' "meh" face was best but I may do a happy one as well. I think the water wings will go a long way to sell the look, and I think I'll also make some side skirts to help replicate her dress. They would peg into the exterior cavity from the mushroom peg on the thigh and if the measurements are the same, you can put it in the same part if the bicep in alt mode. Also I want to point out that the planes cockpit is in a really good spot to be her gem! With Peridot I want to clarify that her giant hair is going to be designed to fold in so she can still transform unhindered. It'll probably result in the back of her head being hollow but sacrifices have to be made. And I wanted to have many options for those limb enhancer hands of hers. My initial design calls for a mushroom peg but I may go with 5mm port instead. Each finger is planned to be on a ball joint for the regular hand (we'll see how that goes, if it fails I'll just make a static pose) and then I want to make at least her gun and datapad modes. Probably the part I'm looking forward to the most!
    IMG_20170715_223334711.jpg IMG_20170715_223300255.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Hmmm, May i suggest something? Should Peridot have a retooled combiner port that can accommodate a titan master head instead of a regular one? Kinda to make reference/joke to Peridot's "Reverse Growth Spurt"?

8. Shockblade501

It's certainly something I can try! It'll be a little low on the to do list but I'll certainly keep it in mind. I feel like the bulk of a Titanmaster head would require the head to be removed for every mode except robot mode though (probably the point)

9. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

fc5604e3cd9019e6c9935664c6f55d342b46a52b_hq.jpg LRd7Go2Z_400x400.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shockblade501

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shockblade501

And here's one for later on down the line, stepping away from combiner wars I have Rose Quartz from TR Alpha Trion! I thought the regal powerful look would be a good fit for her. I did borrow the crown design element from a fanaxrt I saw and I may change it up later. Also lion alt mode I mean come on! An important thing to note is that since the head has to be removed for transformation anyway, I can go wild with the hair! Of course she will come with a sword and shield like Stevonnie which is another one I have planned! I have some work to do on the face, not really happy with it. I'm thinking First Aid for her mold, but she doesn't necessarily have to be a combiner wars figure. The only stipulation I have for her is that I want her to turn into a van that I can paint up into the Mr. Universe Van! And lastly I already mentioned the Pink Lars Titanmaster face for Sawback who's going to be painted into Lion as well!
    IMG_20170715_223911734.jpg IMG_20170715_223817437.jpg
    Edit: my phone had a problem with the Lars picture so I'll take a new pic later. Something to look forward to

• Like Like x 3
  12. WEEGEE

WEEGEE i am the weegee cuckoo cuchoo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love everything about this idea. I'm not advocating the death of anyone who doesn't like this I'm just strongly for it.

13. Shockblade501

That is everything I want to hear and more!

14. Sentinel Lynx

Sentinel Lynx The bane of existence.

This is really damn cool. And that's coming from someone who thinks Steven Universe isn't good.

• Like Like x 1
  15. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    YES YES YES

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shockblade501

Big news guys! I bit the bullet and bought a 3d printer! Should be here in a couple days! It's a Monoprice Maker Ultimate 3d printer, normally retailing for 700, I got it at 550 due to a promotion on Monoprice's website! With this I'll be able to make pretty darn good test prints which means I can have confirmation that the prints will be compatible with the figures in a matter of hours rather than ordering the test prints from Shapeways and not knowing for nearly 2 weeks. It's exciting! And if this project goes well, I have plans for many other projects in the future! Here's a stock photo of the printer I got-
    157106.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Shockblade501

I figured it's time I show a picture that isn't on lined paper ;)  here's my current work in progress shot for Garnetron! There's plenty more to do with her, but I thought you guys deserved to see some actual progress on the project. IMG_20170721_213526577.jpg

• Like Like x 4