Steven Melching Interview

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Oct 5, 2012.

1. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't want to see Arcee die. Something about her I still like. Bulkhead has already had his change at death, he won't be killed. I got my money on Smokescreen dying, which is sad considering that he is the first new Autobot we've had since Wheeljack, who might die in season 3.

But as much as I love Transformers Prime I wouldn't be completely sad to see it end with season 3 because these recent episodes have being pointing that the end is near for it, and it seems like they want it to end big. I'm looking forward to the season 2 finale, but I won't be looking forward to wait a year for the cliffhanger to be resolved, that will kill me.

2. TF Collector

TF Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe if Prime dies Rodimus or Magnus will come into the show...

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So many people can't decide which Autobot they want to die:lol 

Sadly, Transformers Prime is going to continue to disappoint these folks week after week with the Autobots defying death at every turn:lol 

4. Cosablanca

Cosablanca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Most TV series last 65 episodes. Then you can syndicate these episodes abroad and work on something new."
    He says that "it is very rare to have more than 65 episodes. We came into it knowing how it will end the series."

I think its a great shame that these new genres only last for such a short while.

He also explains why they do not introduce more characters: 1. Expensive, 2. Sacrifice in Character Development.

I hope then in the future they stop doing CGI since its so expensive and just go back to the animated stuff. Perhaps G1 style but with the more "manga" edge to it.

I am sure in regards to characters they could introduce more. Look at cartoons like Naruto/Bleach they got tons of characters plus there is plenty of character development. Perhaps they could start animating IDW Transformer's comics.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    CG animation is everywhere, regular TV and animated movies. Even Disney has jumped on board!

Sure it's expensive, but surely money is saved at some point as models are saved and used again and again, which not only saves money but development time that can be placed elsewhere in future stories.

I don't see why Hasbro doesn't keep what they have and expand on it. Sort of like what happened with Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and the shows that followed them.

Rather than rebooting this and that every few years, when will Hasbro do what Star Trek has been doing for years? Why not branch off Transformers into a few shows and occasionally have guest appearances here and there from characters of old?

Who wouldn't tune in to see an Ultra Magnus vs Cyclonus (or whoever) centered story?

Imagine having a season finally in which we had a massive crossover with epic battles to be fought. The end result could could be the ending of two shows and the birth of a new one, one that merges the two, if that is what's desired.

If they need to keep things fresh to keep up with the market, than do it. A little reformatting, never hurt a Cybertronian:p 

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't recall him ever saying that there will be no new characters in the series later on. Only on why they didn't earlier. He says that they will be more Autobots and Decepticons in the future.

And how is having more characters the only way to have character development? If anything Beast Wars proved that sometimes having less characters means more development for them so why should that be different for Prime?.

CGI also has it's good uses. Like Transformed says it gives them to chance to resue models and use less money for it and that having less episodes gives them more budget as well. Besides if we don't try to experament with CGI every now and then we'll never make any progress with it.

That's true with the character development but he also said that they had a hard time managing them all in the 90's X-Men show so that may have left a lot of them underdeveloped. This was a common problem in the Sunbow G1 show too from what I've heard. They're trying to do this in a more orderly manner from the sounds of it. After all Shockwave certainly going to return with the Dinobots as well as Magnus likely to be in it too so that's a start.

7. ChromeBlade

ChromeBlade Well-Known Member

Calling it now; the Autobot's base is found by the Decepticons (we all saw this coming at some point) and they-along with the kids, June, Fowler and maybe the kid's families- will be forced to vacate to another location. While trying to hide out from the 'Con's, they stumble upon the Autobot city Metroplex, which has been lying hidden for centuries, waiting to be found by fellow Autobots.

I made a similar prediction last month.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/655607-possible-relic-scenario-idea.html

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    A recent Hasbro presentation kinda implied that TFP will last until at least 2015. I believe Jeffrey Combs also said that there will indeed be a fourth season.

9. Ai Megumi

Ai Megumi Leonis Prime's girl

Oh please not again. It didn't worked the first time why should it work now? Just saying.

And since they said they might be a fourth season everything is fine by me. Also I don't think that they will kill one of the maincast, but maybe Wheeljack. Hm, hopefully not.

10. Cosablanca

News Credits:
    Personally, I do prefer the CGI over Hasbro's recent animated series. It just appears that the CGI development is expensive and thats one main reason for not introducing characters. Of course there will be pros and cons.

I didn't say that more characters is the only way to do character development. The guy said the same thing as you. Less is best. I just thing that introducing a character for a bit, develop them and then let them do their own thing ie Wheeljack is fine. Plus it will give them more toys for them to sell.

I hope you are right and they do introduce more characters instead of a couple here and there. Bring on the Dinobots (all 5 of them pls).

11. Cosablanca

News Credits:
    Would love that. Hasbro should hire you. Perhaps, a show based on Ultra Magnus, Kup, Hot Rod, Blurr, Springer, Perceptor etc (G1 series 3) on a different planet and then somehow join the 2 later. Maybe call it TF: Ultra. haha :) 

12. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I presumme the lack of new characters means no chance of seeing Omega Supreme in the finale so that version of the Cyber planet key scenario is out the window.

Smokescreen is likely to sacrifice himself or die given his current heritage (What he is)

Airachnid is likely to be freed (series 2 finale) and kill Arcee at some point in series 3

The Autobot base is likely blown up at the end of series 2 - possibly resulting in the death of a human character - most likely agent fowler (given them being less likely to kill off a human child) The death of fowler would mean they would be exiled from Earth in series 3 forcing them elsewhere or meaning more 'robots in disguise' type of stories

Starscream likely uses SynthEn to help get him the 'speed' ability again or other upgrades.

Shockwave will likely re-appear in mid-series 3 and kill either; Megatron, Starscream or Dreadwing immediately - most likely Starscream - thus becoming the main bad guy of series 3, possibly being on a similar leadership level to Megatron.

Cybertron will likely be remade at the techno-organic level and will be populated with ancient techno-organic transformers? Beast hunters?

Dreadwing will likely defect to the Autobots - replacing either Arcee or Smokescreen - giving them much needed air support - though Optimus would disagree with his methods.

13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    65 episodes? Man there goes the chance for new characters. Only cartoons I can think of that lasted longer than 65 episodes was the Justice League cartoon and 03 Ninja Turtles toon. Both cracked 100.

14. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Minor nitpick: Justice League cartoon lasts for 91 episodes. Sorry about that.

15. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Possible Deaths;

Optimus: His death would truly lead to the Autobots' Darkest Hour as without him they have no leader or guidance.

Knockout: Will probably result in this as Shockwave is also a medic and in the Aligned Continuity he created the Dinobots. This town ain't big enough for two mad scientists.

Dreadwing: Might do something stupid, i.e turn to the bot side, and be killed by Megatron.

Smokescreen: Probably has to make a sacrifice to bring back cybertron.

16. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    68, and Melching outright said you can expect new characters in the third season...

17. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's how I feel about it too. I'm getting tired of the constant reboots.

18. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Let me guess: the Autobot gang will lose Optimus and and possibly Bumblebee as well who will find themselves stranded on a robotic beast planet being hunted by Thundertron and his goons. The Decepticons will discover and invade the Autobot base. They will also discover the location of Jack and Miko. The Autobots will have to abandon their base and may be minus some of those relics as well if the Decepticons take them. They will be homeless, without their leader, on the run from the Cons and possibly more evil humans, without the aid of their relics and the ground bridge, and probably very hungry and malnurished as well stuggling to find enough Energon to stay alive. Jack and June will be relocated. Miko as well and either sent back to Japan or given to new host parents in the United States. To Jack, Miko, and Raf's protest, their Autobot buddies will decide to leave the kids permanently and never return thinking that all they did was put them in danger. The kids will be extremely lonely because not only will they be minus their Autobot buddies, but minus eachother as well all being in different locations far away from eachother.

YES IT WILL BE THE OPTIMUS', THE REST OF THE AUTOBOTS', AND THE KIDS' DARKEST HOUR!

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That would make for a great season.

20. OptimussSTAR

OptimussSTAR Well-Known Member

no actually it doesn't sound like a good season