Steve Bartman didn't deserve this.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Sep 27, 2011.

1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After watching Cathing hell, I feel extremely bad for Steve Bartman. He didn't deserve what he got. He was just doing what any fan would have done. I would have done the same thing for sure. He was just a Cubs fan who was watching his favorite team play while even listening on the radio, so he was obviously a big fan. The media could have handled it much better as well. From what the security guards were saying his demeanor was like, I feel worse for him. I hope I'm one of many who feel the same way. He didn't deserve this. I almost wish I would have been sitting there taking the heat instead of him.

2. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

It was like 8 years ago so I'm not too keen on the details, but wasn't it at a playoff game or something like that. Also it was the Cubs and they haven't won anything since Back to the Future 2, so it's even higher stakes.

3. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Thats bad deal he got...the thing is, they never blame the other guy was right next him...

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shitty sports teams and their fans will always need someone or some inanimate object to blame their shittiness on. This innocent action by a fan is just one of many.

5. theycallmedenny

theycallmedenny Reximus Prime

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    even the cubs players and playhouse said that he didn't deserve it. that was the first or second game in the series and they lost the rest of the games. in reality they fucked themselves over. it was exactly what you said erb, the media just spun it that he caused them the game

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This. That is all there is to it. The Cubs blew the last two games AT HOME in that series. Come on. I don't understand why it's so hard for fans to grasp the reality that sometimes their team just sucks.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Probably for the same reason they believe that a team's or even game's result actually impacts their lives in any way... because they're idiots.

8. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Alex Gonzalez deserves more blame in that inning for botching a routine ground ball.

9. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I had to wiki this guy because I've never heard of him, and I couldn't believe this line: "As many as six police cars gathered outside his home to protect Bartman and his family following the incident. Afterwards, then-Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich suggested that Bartman join a witness protection program while then-Florida Governor Jeb Bush offered Bartman asylum."

...seriously? What the hell is wrong with sports fans? :crazy: 

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He would've been better off accepting both the offer of asylum and the six-figure advertisement deal.

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Word for word what I have to say about the matter. Cubs just want to blame everything but themselves.

12. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course Bartman didn't deserve everything he got. Just go ahead and rewatch the clip, you'll see a bunch of other fans sticking out their hands going after the ball too. It was unfortunate it landed where he was sitting, could've been anybody.

It's just so EASY for Cubs fans to personify their team's failures and whittle down decades of losing to one single play. Instead why don't you blame management, or even stop going to the games regardless of whether they win or lose. Then maybe they'll care about building a quality team (I should know, I'm a Maple Leafs fan).

the simpsons-do the bartman! - YouTube

13. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    WTF is wrong with baseball fans? They believe in way too much superstitious bullshit. I really think a vast majority of these fans need to be screened for mental illnesses cuz they sure seem crazy to me. "Oh he touched the ball we hath been cursed!" All in all it's nothing but a bunch of excuses, misplaced blame and uncalled for aggression. These baseball fans with their blame games and superstitious bs seriously need to grow the fuck up or be confirmed to a mental asylum.

14. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Its all because it was a playoff game. I don't recall anything close when that kid stole the ball away from Tony Tarasco.

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what wait, huh?
    who is this and what happened? is this the guy that interfered in a cubs playoff game?

did something happen to him?

16. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    He is a douche who ended up costing the Cubs a playoff game which basically the Cubs got it in their heads about the curse and ended up losing the series and haven't really recovered since.

Yes I harbor bad feelings about the whole thing but I don't think he should've been treated the way he was. Yes, I'm pissed at him for what he did but the way he was treated and the crap he had to put up with b/c of it was very uncalled for.

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well this, especially when it comes to the money. I mean, so what if idiot sports fans have a problem with it? If anything, that'd be even more of a reason to shit in their faces, especially if you're getting paid amounts of money to basically go on tv.

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, he's the guy who went after the foul ball in a Cubs playoff game and got threatened for it

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can't be serious.

If you are, please see my earlier post in this thread.

And stop being a Cubs fan.

Seriously.

Stop.

20. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Yes I am serious, the Cubs pysched themselves out of that playoff series. Just b/c I called someone a douche doesn't mean I blame the entire thing on that person.

And I did read your post and the Cubs aren't a "shitty" sports team, they just need someone to actually get in the front office and make the right moves and stop over paying for players on the downside of their career and learn to build a farm system.

As far as you telling me to stop being a Cubs fan.....not gonna happen, I love my Cubbies even in the bad years.

Seriously.

Not gonna Stop.