Stephen Sommers NOT Directing GI Joe 2

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 5, 2011.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Stephen Sommers Out of G. I. Joe 2

HissTank : Stephen Sommers Off GI Joe 2 - GI Joe News

Stephen Sommers Won’t Direct GI JOE 2, Sadly The Sequel Is Still Coming… | Obsessed With Film

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
  3. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Yes! Now Michael Bay can direct the GI Joe movie as well =)

4. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    First good thing I've heard about this movie. I supported the first one too, even after seeing the Cobra Commander design, but when I was in the theaters it just slapped me in the face. :(  The first wasn't horrible, but not good either. Channing Tatum as Duke still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

There are some good things about the first movie but they need to change several things to make it better, starting with removing Tatum and Wayans from the sequel. Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Heavy Duty, Destro, and Baroness are fine the way they are. Change the outfit for Shadowstorm and make him more of a Ninja. That is all.

6. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Here are my thoughts on the first movie...

The actress that played Baroness was okay, I think she just needed better material. Baroness was done horribly in the movie. She looked good, but here character was completely different, with almost nothing in common with the original except for the fact that she's evil (And even then, she was being mind controlled).

Heavy Duty was awesome, but barely in the freaking movie. Scarlett and Snake Eyes were done pretty well I suppose, but Snake Eyes' mouth was annoying as all hell for me. Hollywood is freaking stupid sometimes. They give Snake Eyes a mouth, even though he's a mute, but they take away Deadpool's mouth, even though he can't stop yapping.

Storm Shadow was REALLY cool, probably the only real redeemable thing about the first movie. Don't change him at all...Well, maybe add a bit more of an accent to his voice, but that's not a big deal. But when I was watching it in the theatre, I always got excited when Storm Shadow was on the screen, even when he wasn't really doing anything.

Zartan was the only character I didn't mind them changing so much. Only because I really liked the twist at the end, I honestly didn't see that coming.

Now here are the things I hope they change for the second one...

Recast Duke and drop Ripcord entirely. Maybe have Sam Worthington play him. I don't know. Just not Channing fucking Tatum.

Introduce Roadblock, Shipwreck, Gung Ho, and Serpentor. These are necessary.

They need to fix Cobra Commander. I don't care what stupid explanation they come up with, just fix Cobra Comander. He's supposed to be a loud, pompous, and almost comical dictator, not a cheap Darth Vader knockoff. Change his look, his history, everything.

No more exo-suits. This should be an easy one.

No more all-black suits. Once again, this should be easy.

I hope the second is better, I really really do.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  7. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Not being a big Joe guy I basically spent most of the film thinking about how hot Scarlett was:lol , but I agree with the before mentioned recasts and the wtf cobra commander.

the vehicles and suits were pretty slammin, but the nanobot thing.. NO NO NO.

8. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    This is the best news I have heard in a while. There was very little good about the first movie and I am honestly surprised that they are making a second one...

9. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Louis Terrier might do a decent job (haven't seen Clash of the Titans yet, but his Hulk reboot was good). There's still hope for the franchise if they do this right.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    YAY!!!!!

Who knows maybe we'll get a GI joe Sequel so good we can ignore the first ever existed like the Star Trek series or do what they did for the Hulk franchise reboot and ignore Ang Lee's Hulk film.

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jumping in on the GI Joe 2 wish list:

Recast General Hawk. Dennis Quaid was a horrible choice for that role.

12. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I've always thought Bruce Willis should have been Hawk.

"What did you say your unit was called?"

[​IMG]

"I didn't."