steel city con ( Pittsburgh Show)

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by gen1fan, Jul 21, 2008.

1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hello all,

Just want to let you all know that MegaMus and Myself will be settiing up this weekend at this Steel City Con. WE got in some New products since BOTCON. So if you in the Pittsburgh, Pa area or feel like a small road trip. Come by and see us there. Lets all find out how good this show is.

Sorry for the short noticed by there was some a problem with the promotor getting the payment for the booth. We did not want to put it out if we were not going to have the booth.

Get all your show information here
    Steel City Con ( a.k.a. Pittsburgh Toy, Comic and Childhood Collectibles Show)

If the like does not work put steel city con in a search engine

2. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I'm so there. That'll be a great trip. Thanks for the heads up!

3. gen1fan

News Credits:
    NO problem, Here a list of some items we will have VIntage JOE toys,
    95% complete Terror Drome,
    G1 Jetfire
    G1 Prime
    G1 Scorponok
    G1 Preaking
    G1 Piranacon
    FORT MAX
    Botcon TOYS
    PARTS, PARTS and Not sure if I said this but we sell PARTS

Look for the large hasbro transformer sign That I got at the auction at botcon 08 I plan on having it hanging from the top ot the shelfing units. I will be wearing my botcon shirts, like the ones you could buy at the con.

If any ones has question about any toys or is wondering what else we will have shot me a pm

4. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bleh, I've been to the last three of these but wasn't planning on going since I don't have that much free money. But now I might go since you guys will be there, that'd be cool.

Hmm, might have to do a quick sale of some things I was considering selling anyway and hope they go before the weekend...

5. gen1fan

News Credits:
    we take trades as well

6. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    As was said before, we take trades. To anyone who has gone to this, how was it? Are we wasting our time? I hope we are not the only ones with Transformers, I plan on buying some stuff too....
    Pittsburg members give us a shout!!! Come by to buy, trade, or just laugh at us. Remember to tell us who you are. We love to give discounts to board members.

7. gen1fan

News Credits:
    to all that are thinking on swing by the show. WE are only doing this show WE will not be attending the October 24-26 show. My wife is due with our 1st kid on the 17th of October, and with us living in va beach, Making the october show would be to much.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  8. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been to the past three shows, and there have been at about...5 other booths that always have Transformers, but to me it seemed that the amount of TFs had been dwindling a bit, unfortunately. I mean, that didn't stop me from spending almost all my money last time, but still. Toywise there seemed to be more Star Wars than anything else, and there's also a ton of comics. It's certainly not a very big convention, but it's really all we have here for toy shows.

What are you guys looking for it terms of trades? Anything specific or only G1 or rare stuff or anything? I don't really all the much to trade anyway, and now since I have a graduation party to go to this weekend I don't know if I can make it anyway, but I'll try.

9. megamus

News Credits:
    If you want to PM myself or Gen1Fan with your trade list that would give us an idea. Generally, we are both at that stage in collecting that we are looking for either Boxed stuff or rare stuff. Anything Japanese is a definate but if it's something someone has asked for we will trade to help others out.

10. gen1fan

News Credits:
    if anyone want to have a pre-sale, I'm already up here in pittsburgh at my parnets place in the south hills.

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I would love to be there but it's a five hour drive.

12. megamus

News Credits:
    After a four hour setup. The room mainly consists of Star Wars, G.i.Joes, and Transformers all vintage and newer. A lot of good deals from what I could see. I know that we brought a lot of stuff and don't want to take anything home. Anyone in the area make sure you stop by we are in the middle with the Transformers's movie banner. Tell us who you are for a special deal.

13. megamus

News Credits:
    Well part of this community is informing bad things as well as good things. So here goes....

Don't even bother going to this show. This was the worst show We've ever gone to. Aside from the stuff we brought, there was very little Transformer stuff unless you wanted to pay jacked up prices on the very sparce vintage stuff or if you wanted Movie stuff. It started out ok as we found a few things that sparked our interest but for the most part it was lame. I a trying to describe the dealer room from an attendee point of view. Not much to see. I was able to find some stuff at a small comic shop on the way home so I will have a few new things. The Pennsylvania show sucked major. Not even worth going unless you live VERY VERY close bye.
    Just my two cents
    MegaMus

14. gen1fan

News Credits:
    Well as MegaMus said this was a very lame show. Also unless your going to be in the pittsburgh area for another reason I would not waste my time going to the show. The few other dealers that had transformers wanted top dollar for broken or not complete items. If your also into G.I.JOE, Starwars, card games/ card sets, old hotwheels cars, etc then you may have a some fun at this show. As I was able to pick up some parts for the joe collection very cheap. Like Ace helments 4 of them for $5.00 for the lot off 1 dealer another dealer had a bin of joe stuff 50 cent each, I pick thought it, put adie about 25 items or so and Got it all for $5.00 dollars.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  15. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
    we pittsburgh area transformer fans looking for things should just set something up for ourselves so we don't have to deal with PISA parking and other ridiculousness that has come from the move of the steel city con

16. gen1fan

News Credits:
    well once i move back up home hopefully within in the next year or 2 at most . I plan on have a store out of the basement of the house

17. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
    that would be awesome i'm from the kittanning area and the closest thing i know of is groovies on the south side