Steel Batalion Computer use

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tarngold, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Tarngold

Tarngold Knight of Braves<br><font COLOR=limegreen>G Stoned

News Credits:
    Ive been oogling the Steel Batalion controller for over 2 years now and i have wanted to use it for Mechwarrior or various other computer based mech games. I'm finding resources for such endevors hard to come by. The controllers easy to get but i want to know whats out there for the controllers use in these games, such as keysets, software for computer use, etc. I know you can get the adaptors to plug the darn thing in, and im looking for the other pieces to the puzzle. Please help!

And if anyone does have the controller, please tell me if youve done this and how it turned out, i want to hear EVERYTHING!

Tarngold

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I thought it could only be hooked up to the X-Box...

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I always thought it looked really poorly designed, from an ergonomin standpoint. I preffer to have my buttons on the stick, where I can actually get to them, in a hurry.

4. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Xbox and Xbox 360 controllers are actually hooked up straight through usb connections. The 360 controller uses an actual usb plug at the end, but the original xbox has a larger plug, though the actual wiring is the same as a usb plug. You can actually just purchase a usb cable and splice the wires together so that the xbox controller plugs into a usb port. This is especially easy to do since xbox controllers have a connection about a foot short of the end of the chord, so you can make one of these usb adapters with an xbox controller extension cable, and then just connect it to your xbox controller, so there is no permanent modification to the controller or your xbox

5. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

Most of the buttons on the base are just used for start-up. When playing the game, all your important buttons are on the control sticks.

6. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
  7. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Steel Battalion controller used on the PC. That could be really cool. To bad I dont have the 5 grand needed for one. :D 

8. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

Buh? The Steel Battalion controllers are 5 thousand bucks, now?! Damn! All I got for the thing was 40 measly dollars.