2D Artwork: Steampunked mini bots

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by phoenixliger, Jan 19, 2011.

1. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Heres a couple of quick sketches i did years ago. so far i have both Warpath and Seaspray in this style. Ive tried doing other mini bots but failed misserably. The only one i came close to finishing was powerglide even though i had some cool ideas for Bumblebee and Beachcomber.

(EDIT)
    I redid Warpath and made him look less like he is dancing. i used an entire red colored pencil (it kept breaking on me) I improved upon his detailing and i need to practice at my clockwork mechanism. his transformation needs to be tweaked and i will probaly add a rear skirt that becomes the front end of the tank to the finished art work

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I like where you're going with these, and definitely think you should do more.
    I reckon Cosmos could work well as a kind of pedal- or steam-powered hovering disc, sort of like those things you can get in the gadget shops (only bigger, natch).

3. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good! I'd like to see more too!
    I can see warpath being pretty steampunk, but I can't imagine seasprays vehicle mode.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like the design approach to these. I vastly enjoy Transformers designs that tend to be more on the robotic side of things, since they're . . . well, robots! I hope you keep working on these (some color finishes will really make these shine!) and I hope to see moar!

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For "quick sketches" these are pretty nice..would like to see the others someday soon! :thumb 

6. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    built upon the original hope you guys like it

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Can't wait to see if you come up with something like this for powerglide.

8. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Seaspray? More like Erector in that picture, amirite?
    These are pretty awesome. They didn't look very "Steampunk" to me at first, and i couldn't figure out why. I think it's probably because of how vibrant the colors are, as opposed to the duller colors usually seen in Steampunk. Some different coloring on the gears and cogs in the joints would probably also make the Steampunk aspect stand out a little more.

9. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Thanks. Great idea i wish i thought of that earlier i would like to use copper gold bronze colors for cogs and gears. If i ever get Adobe photoshop i want to paint them to look like there metal bodies are oxidated to there original g1 color.

Can't wait to get some good inspiration for him. I might take another stab at him after i finish Cosmos