Heavy/Scratch: Steampunk War Machine

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MATTICUS PRIME, May 22, 2011.

1. MATTICUS PRIME

MATTICUS PRIME chicks love me!

Procustomizers 2nd place winner!

"Steampunk Warmachine" with Finneus A. Stark

Recipe:

Finneus A. Stark
    Body: Crystal Skull Nazi
    Head: Thor movie Odin
    Hat and Gun: Cad Bane
    Sword: PotC 4 Captain Barbosa

Warmachine
    Torso: Megamind
    Arms and legs: Iron Man movie Iron Monger
    Cockpit cannons are from a model ship, right arm flame thrower was from a Joe helicopter, shoulder mounted gatling guns from a Terminator Salvation figure, Left arm Gatling gun was from a 3 3/4" Warmachine.

Features:
    Articulated hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, biceps, elbows and wrists. Shoulder gatling guns move up and down. 1 3mm flickering LED located in he chest with an on/ off switch located on the control panel in the cockpit.

Origin:
    Finneus A Stark was quite simply a mechanical genius. He made his fortune selling his weapon patents to the U.S government. A celebrity amongst military brass, Finneus was given the honorary title of Lieutenant and asked to join the 7th cavalry on their latest campaign through Montana. Finneus absolutely detested travel, and most importantly, travel by rail. Reluctantly he agreed to join the 7th cavalry and immeadiately began building his latest machine in a custom workshop on rails. Several days later he arrived in Montana and was greeted by Colonel George A. Custer who was very happy to see him with his new machine. Custer informed Mr. Stark that their mission was to force the gathering Indian tribes back to their reservations and his new machine would now play a key role in the campaign. After a few days of training an infantry man how to operate the machine, Finneus Stark's conscious began to wear on him. He knew what they were about to do was wrong, He knew he couldn't let it happen. He decided that he would get his machine back in the morning when Col. Custer went down to the river. He climbed into the cockpit and..........

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

2. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Looks awesome mate! Great job and great take as well!

3. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

Sweet! I'm a fan of steampunk gadgets and models and whatnot, tho not necessarily the whole SP "lifestyle", I like this. Those Iron Man and Terminator Salvation cannons are great for TFs and the like, they look perfect here.

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Wow

5. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

nice but not very steam punk! just doesn't look heavy cast iron or hand beaten steel and copper covered in soot solely powered by steam with a coal fire built in the 20's

6. MATTICUS PRIME

MATTICUS PRIME chicks love me!

Thanks guys it was really fun to build!

Soot covered no, but according to the story this guy is pretty much fresh out of the box so he wouldn't be very dirty. However he did take a few rounds so perhaps I could have dirtied him up a bit.
    As far as copper and brass I didn't want to go over board and make it look bedazzled. I thought about how the metals would actually be used and used very little for decor. Mainly around the cannons and flickering coal chamber. They aren't really visible but there are smoke stacks on the back.
    I appreciate your input.

7. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you are pigeonholing Steampunk into too tight of a theme. Most folks (even steampunk die-hards) really just define it as a genre that reimagines modern day characters, devices, stories, and technology as if they were mixed with a Victorian or Steam era mentality (along with some of it's own unique devices thrown in as well.) "Buckaroo Bonzai," "Hellboy," and "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman," are all good examples of Steampunk themed media that take place in different time periods.
    While I understand your critique of the SP Trap Jaw that I posted, since he has a lot less of the Steampunk hallmarks, I think saying that War Machine here is "not very steam punk" is way off the mark. He is a great reimagining of the character to the theme.