STEAM Greenlight

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by PaladinVance, Sep 6, 2012.

1. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    So, this thing seems like an interesting idea.
    What have you found that you'd like to see, maybe convince other TFWers to help vote for it.

So far, I've only voted for Eryi's Action, which if you've ever seen the old "Cat Mario' you know what to expect. a 2-d platformer where the background attacks for no reason, invisible blocks stop your jumps, and other nonsense.
    Has a demo, and oddly, I find it more amusing when random shit kills me, rather than frustrating.
    Steam Greenlight :: Eryi's Action

So what hidden gems have you guys found?

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Random stuff kills you? That sounds a lot like that "I Wanna Be The Guy" game, which is infamously near-impossible to beat without hours of wasted life devoted into it.

3. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    yep, same concept. Although maybe it's just from the demo, but I don't see this taking as much time to complete.

4. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Vote for Black Mesa

Black Mesa

Anybody here play Half-Life? y'all remember the half-assed source Port of Half-Life valve made, right? well, some modders from the former Leak-Free forums decided Half-Life: Source (Being the blatant port that it was) could have been MUCH better so they decided to Re-make Half-Life on the Source game engine from the ground up. While the mod is due for release in a little over a Week The developers of the Black Mesa mod thought it would be novel to have Black Mesa released on steam as part of Steam's Greenlight project.
    Please vote for Black Mesa

5. strangeguy32000

Now that Black Mesa has been Greenlit, I've taken a look at many of the greenlight entries. Many of these games seem like displaced titles that would feel at home on handheld systems (at least two that I've seen are blatant ports of games from Handheld systems), one of them is a blatant Minecraft Clone that is available on Xbox Live Arcade (Castle Miner Z), and a couple of them seem like indie Flash devs trying to break into the bigtime with steam greenlight having made no money off thier Flash games on Newgrounds.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I can't be the only one excited for Heavy Freight Simulator, can I?

7. strangeguy32000

I know I voted for the Wildlife Park 3 having played and enjoyed the Zoo Tycoon series (which will never receive further entries)