Stealth Force in ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ultrawave, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    So, I was just thinking "how cool would it have been if Sideways had used Stealth Force during the chase scene?"

It might have made it seem like less of a brutal murder for him since he was just running when Sideswipe killed him.
    But then, we don't know the history or how long they had been tracking Demolishor and Sideways, so maybe their quick deaths were justified. I mean, we saw Demolishor throwing cars...

I just thought it would have made the scene that much cooler if Sideways had fought back a little.

2. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

That would've been cool. Ha sideways not letting sideswipe killing him.

3. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Sort of on-topic: Has there actually been an in-fiction explanation for Stealth Force? (Anything in the comics, video games, and/or toy bios? It's obviously not elaborated on in the Dark of the Moon film itself.)

Admittingly, it's a pretty cool feature, but is it every explained or even implied of how it came to be?

4. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

If you watch Disc 2 that came with the ROTF widescreen edition, they show an early concept video done at ILM which has Arcee in combiner form, then shows Sideways firing on Sideswipe during the pursuit.

It would have made for a much more dramatic chase scene. Might not have been "stealth force", but it certainly would have made that particular scene more memorable.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I assumed that Wheeljack invented it. Which is why I don't like Decepticons having SF.

6. Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio New Member

It was shown off in the DOTM video game and although I haven't played it in a while I think Wheeljack aka Que did indeed create the stealth force weapons, which the Decepticons are trying to steal in the game.

7. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    I believe you, but still, link?

8. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Bumblebee's which is the only one we really get to see in the film (yes Sideswipe uses it too but we barely get a good look at it) just seems to partially transform enough to get his cannon and missile launchers out. That might not require an additional equipment.

9. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    I'd like a link to this too. I've seen the clip in question, but I never remembered seeing Lambo-Sideways fire at Sideswipe.

10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Stealth Force was an Omnibot gimmick designed (by Que apparently) to upgrade the Autobots.

I didn't really like it to be honest. It was definitely cool, but seemed kind of unnecessary; I mean, you're already robots in disguise, why deploy weapons from yourselves in vehicle mode when it'd be cooler for you to transform and attack? Wasn't the purpose of hiding and stealth removed long ago?