State of the Market

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shy guy, Sep 9, 2006.

1. shy guy

shy guy Defends Lesbian Sex

Hey guys.

I was a Tranformers collector (and frequenter of this board) from about 2000 to around 2003. In that time I accumulated a lot of Transformers that have just kinda been taking up closet space for the last few years.

Basically, I want to get rid of it all, and I'm wondering if it's worth tying eBay or if I should just dump them off at the nearest Salvation Army or something.

For what it's worth, I have a bunch of Car Robots, Robots in Disguise, Beast Wars/Machines, and a few reissues. Most stuff has its packaging; some of is has been removed from said packaging, some not.

Anyhoo, lemme know what you think I should do.

Thanks guys.

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Um def try and sell them lol. The market is still good.

3. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    There will always be a market for transformer toys. Yesterday there was a kid who bought a G2 Toy from the store. He had no idea who it was but just liked it because it looked cool.

Stores like myself and BBTS will always take in older toys esp from collectors because there will always be some kind of resell on them. Course not everything has gone up in value. For instance, I still sell car bothers for about $15 each in the package. I belive that is about what they would have cost back then as well.

It is cool when you see a kid take an older toy and get just as much enjoyment out of it as if it were a new Cybertron character.

Spencer.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Holy shit dude! I wondered what happened to you. How you been?

You could probably get some fair-market value for whatever you have off of ebay. But if you're just looking to dump it, and not make any kind of return on them, go the Salvation Army route. You might just brighten up the day of a few kids.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Or get a list together, with pictures if possible, and send it to agesthreeandup.com or bigbadtoystore.com. They buy collections.

6. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

You could make me happy and send it to me. :D 

7. shy guy

Hey there! I remember you. Nice to see that some of the old crew is still around.

I've decided that I'll probably do a little bit of both - take some of the smaller stuff and the figures without packaging and donate them; put the bigger items and the packaged items up on eBay. The only reason the whole shebang isn't going up on eBay is because it's just such a hassle.

I still have to sort through everything; I have toys that I forgot I even bought. I mean, I bought Gigatron and Devil Gigatron?? What was I thinking? And I'd forgotten how ugly the first Armada stuff was. That yellow car-guy, whatever his name is? Hideous.

Thanks for everybody's help. I just wanted to make sure that the bottom hadn't dropped out of the TF Market and putting my stuff on eBay would be pointless.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You could always make a list and do a thread here in the junkion exchange. You can probably unload most of them off on members here.
    Then eBay the leftovers in a lot , or seperate.

The Salvation Army way won't make you any money, but you'll make alot more with that good feeling. Sounds corny but it's true . Could hold on to them until Christmas time, then drop them off in different locales, or go to a foster home and personally hand them out. Like Shyguy Claus

9. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Shyguy Claus FTW!!!

10. shy guy

Hehe. Thanks for the added advice.

Due to me being really busy at the moment, I'll probably wait a few months to sort out the TFs. When I do, I'll put the ones I don't decide to donate up on Junkion exchange and give the posters here first dibs.

Now I just have to decide what I want to hang onto. Do I really need Lio Convoy? Oh, the conundrums of collecting.