startrek 2

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by doomtron, Jun 24, 2010.

1. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i saw where they were going to start prduction on startrek2 this fall . alot of people belive 2 will have klingons because of the dvd deleted bonus scene. i personally hope they do have klingons. they have the best ships :) 

2. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

How about some god damn ship to ship, phaser, photon torpdeo slugfests! I want to see ships banged up, torn holes venting oxygen into the vaccum of space slug back and forth like two boxers in the final round.

And boobs. Cant forget the boobies.

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

What I don't want? Khan.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    :lol  KAHHHNNNNN!!!

I don't want anymore Spock making out with Uhara that was creepy. He's a freaking Vulcan! I really hope they drop that.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    There's already been a Star Trek 2, and it was brilliant. The new Trek movie left me utterly cold, so I doubt I'll bother with this one.

6. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Gah, more Sovereign sized Constitution madness....

Are they going to be smooth heads? That deleted scene made the Klingons look hella lame.

7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I probably watch that movie, when it's on TV, I dunno. Didn't like that last movie much. I want the real timeline back.

8. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    unfortunately they wont do any remakes like khan jj abrams already stated that :(  . i really dont get why alot trek fans dont like the first one. i have been watching old startrek episodes for 33 years and i loved it. abrams startrek is in a tie for my favorite movie with the empire striked back. i never thought they could reboot the franchise because of all the memorys. i was wrong i was captivated from start to finish. i lost count a long time ago on how many times ive watched it :D ream:

9. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:

10. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    he had a mask on but i would assume they look like real klingons

11. peterson

peterson New Member

Star Trek II is a very satisfying space adventure, closer in spirit and format to the popular TV series than to its big-budget predecessor.

12. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    I didn't like that Spock died. I don't find that satisfying at all D:. I mean that's like killing off Optimus Prime! And then bringing him back in the next movie how cliche.

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I doubt they will. Pretty sure they're going to use the reboot to do entirely new stories.

14. ArmadaJetfire

Its not the first time a major character died and came back in Star Trek. Scotty was killed by NOMAD and pronunced dead by Bones. 1 commercial break later he was back alive. The impact of seeing Spock die, sacrificing himself with out any thought was enhanced by the fact that the movie ended with that there was no miricle save at the end, no "Vulcans have evolved a tolerance to high radiation" bs, he died. And there was nothing Kirk could do to save him. Kirk, who had pulled off more hail mary saves than any other hero, had failed. It was the universes way of humbling him. And bringing him back in the next movie just showed the lengths Kirk would go to save even one of his friends, even if the chances were next to zero. He sacrificed his son, his career, his life long love The Enterprise, just have a chance to save his friend. Taken as a whole, its pretty damn satisfying to me.

15. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Yup yup yup, I love all the TOS even the movies. How could you not?

16. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

I want to see Roger Mudd in the new movies. If it happens, I will geek out in the movie theater.

17. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Personally, I always did have a soft spot for STIII. I mean, STII is arguably a better movie, but there's just a lot more about STIII that I like.

That said, Khan's shadow has never been overcome by any subsequent heavy in a Trek movie and likely never will, and the Klingons have had a significant enough presence in the Trek movies thus far - appearing briefly in key sequences in four of them, being heavies in four more, and Worf being in a straight three of'em even after he'd been transferred to the Defiant - so I'd rather the next movie not have to revisit either of those territories.

Of course, I don't expect much in the way of originality in terms of Trek movie villains anymore - look where we've been so far: a misguided space probe (TMP); a genetically-engineered madman and vengeance-driven old enemy of Kirk (STII); a rogue Klingon (STIII); ANOTHER misguided space probe that necessitates time-traveling for our heroes (STIV); Spock's half-brother, ANOTHER rogue Klingon, and a mad demigod (STV); a couple rogue Starfleet officers, Spock's protege, and YET ANOTHER rogue Klingon (STVI); a mad scientist and STILL TWO MORE rogue Klingons that necessitate more time-traveling [yeah, "energy ribbon", sure] for our heroes (Generations); a bionically-enhanced old enemy of Picard that necessitates - yep, you guessed it - more time-traveling (First Contact); a genetically-altered vengeance-driven old madman (Insurrection); an evil clone of Picard (Nemesis); and a vengeance-driven old enemy of Spock capable of - all together now! - more time-traveling (Trek '09).

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That was hot as hell. Stop being racist against Vulcans. :p 

19. ArmadaJetfire

Time travel became a crutch the trek writters used to move and plot, or fix any plot hole.
    The Borg going back in time and taking over the earth is a neat idea but I cant figure out WHY THE F*CK THE DIDNT DO THAT THE FIRST TIME THEY WERE STOPPED advanced cyborgs my ass.

20. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The actor? Do you mean Harcourt Fenton "Harry" Mudd?