Starting to like this Mech-Tech Weapon Gimmick

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JBStuka, Feb 23, 2011.

1. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

The more I watch the new TV spot and see Bee pull out those weapons in "Car" mode.... The more I like it. It's actually about time that they get kick-ass weapons and fighting capability in alt-mode.

I mean here you have an advanced technology alien living robot that can "TRANSFORM" into an alt car mode and can't fight in that configuration because of no weapons??? But he can magically turn his forearm into a cannon??? Cmon!!!

Having huge guns and weapons in alt-modes just makes more sense for ALL transformers!!! I think I am way more on board for this gimmick the more I see it. Completely hated it at first.

Anyone have similar thoughts and feelings???

2. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Hell yeah I love it from the begining anywhere.

3. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Im starting to like it now its something thats in the actual film. I'll like it even more if its something wheeljack has upgraded them all with like the rumors suggest.

4. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Mech-tech in the film looks great so far, but the toys still look a bit stupid with them.

Just look at the new Bumblebee toy with the gun on the roof and tell me you like it.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

On the toys it's pretty bad because they had to make them so over sized for some of the toys.

In the film it might something fun. Used to really like back in the old James Bond films when he had machine guns in the headlights or a missile would flip out of something on the car so it seems like an evolution of things like that.

Plus two of Bay's strong points as a director are action shoot 'em up and car chases so it seems like a perfect fit for someone like him.

6. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i am still have mixed thoughts. I love the decepticons mechtech but dislike most autobots.

7. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I personally never was happy with the cannon arm ideas except for a couple characters whose trademark was to have one arm sacrificed to be a gun.

IE shockwave.

The concept that just because they are robots that they should have weapons coming out of every orifice pisses me off.

I liked the concept of them having attached weapons or stowed guns but the transforming arm or chest cannon just seems like a joke.

I like them being more normal human instead of all badass super warriors from space.

That then makes someone like shockwave stand out more since he has only one real hand and the other is only a gun.

megatron sucked and then suffered in my mind due to the lack of an iconic arm cannon.

A design choice that was a bad idea they slowly regretted over the course of both movies. Hence why part 3 it seems we finally get the dedicated cannon.

8. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    i agree with ya! the more i keep watching bee get his mech tech set up in the tv spot the more i like it. i kinda hate it on some of the toys just because its a huge giant gun on a transformer but in the film from what weve seen it looks bad ass!

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I think it's about time.

In the past two films we've only witnessed the autobots use their main weapons for protection, either against the humans or the Cons.

But if you really think about it, the autobots always had that capability, they just never had a reason to use it.
    If they are advanced robots from outer space, and possess advanced technology unlike our world, then I'd expect a lot, even from BB.
    I've read that some may prefer the autobot Wheeljack to hack into the Autobots in order to possess the mech-tech, but that would seem silly.

They're called transformers for a reason.
    Now, I'd like to see what the Decepticons will be capable of doing with theirs. . .:ev: