Starting to be confused by my Toys R Us? (Shelfwarm rant)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheBeastman, Jun 20, 2011.

1. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Things are getting a bit ridiculous at my Toys R Us. Now its not uncommon to still see a little ol' ROTF Mudflap hanging around. Buuuuut, when you have shelves FULL of exclusive Universe Ultra's, Demolisher + Twin packs, and robot hero packs, the latter being the only one to be discounted, things are getting out of hand. Thats not even all of it though, Roleplay toys and other previous lines shelfwarm. With DOTM coming out, they shoves everything in at the end of another isle (renovations in the store) and called it a day. So, what to do? Any chance of getting the toys on sale at this point? Im sick of all the Countdowns and Darkwinds, mostly.

2. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toys R us here is like that shoving those things down to put DOTM out. Hasn't bothered since I dont really want them. I dont often see TF on clearance there or other old lines still hanging around.

3. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Luckily for me, my TRU has TWO TF sections. A MASSIVE DOTM section at the front, and now an ROTF/Generations section where the transformers usually are. But yes, ROFT is a major turn off for me. I never buy them, even if I don't have the mold yet.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, the one in my area is pretty big, so they didn't really need to clear any of the old stuff to make room for the new. They're just leaving it all at full price, at least for now.

5. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

Same here--in addition to what you mentioned, we still have the RotF Masters of Metallikato and Hoist/Mixmaster packs and the HftD Rampage Amongst the Ruins and Legends Devastator packs. Plus, most of all is the PCC bonus packs (Skyburst/Aerialbots + Searchlight/Backwind).

It's sad, because most of those things are pretty cool, IMO.

6. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they ever put that Darkwind on clearance, feel free to pick one up and send it my way, I'll PayPal you the money.

7. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for my local TRU to put stuff like Darkwind and Countdown on clearance for ages, but they appear to rather let them shelf-warm.

8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Unbelievable. Why don't you just buy Darkwind at regular price? If they decide to get rid of their stock without a clearance, odds are you'd have to pay double retail at the least to get him second market. I honestly don't understand why people bitch about getting figs on clearance. If it's worth owning, buy the damn thing.

9. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine actually just sold out of the ROTF Packs, and im not so sure about the Devestator.

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TRU exclusives always seem to shelfwarm far worse than any others. It's not just TFs, either; I've found that TRU Lego exclusives tend to last 1-2 years, whereas exclusives to other stores usually last 6 months to one year. My TRU has tons of Countdowns (don't think it has very many Darkwings, though), some Demolisher vs. Twins, some Whirl vs. Bludgeons, a lot of the Universe Scout 3-packs (the one with Cybertron Scouts), and a lot of ROTF figures. A smaller TRU I went to the other night also had one peg that was completely full with literally nothing but Tuner Mudflaps.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Because people think their prices are totally outrageous and even though you want them, you'd wait for clearence and by then they sell out before you get there.

Personally I actually would buy Countdown and Dreadwing if i see them again at a US TRU as Canada never got these.

12. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's simple: because I don't think he is worth the non-clearance price PLUS at least $25 for international shipping that I would have to pay to get him.

13. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

This (if a little less harsh).

Buy up a Darkwind and Countdown, and if you already have them (they're fantastic repaints, BTW) sell them off. People are willing to pay well above retail, I know.

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I sometimes wonder why TRU even accepts exclusives anymore. Most of them shelfwarm like no tomorrow.

15. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Sammael for president with this one. I'm so damned sick of seeing him and countdown at $30.

16. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I'm still seeing BW 10th anniversary Rhinox figures shelf warming in my area, there was even a waspinator at one point but I picked it up for a fellow board member.

17. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I want a Countdown and Darkwind, but my TRU discounted and sold them long ago before I decided I want one. :( 

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Toys R Us is slightly less frustrating but still has insane amount of shelfwarming. Tuner Skids, Tuner Skids everywhere. Why don't the stores around me have any clearances!?

19. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My TRU still has TFTM Leader Primes on the shelf. Three, maybe four of them. It's kinda amusing at this point, because they get put in with the other "clearance" items, but without a discount.

20. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I got mine half off. they had Voyagers on half off and he was all they had I wasn't going out of there without it half off.

I'm sorry but if a worker puts a tag in front of 10+ items it's their fault.

Those TRU toys will shelf warm forever, and the clearance isn't such a crazy idea to wait for, eventually according to most logical business models you should get rid of old stock to make room for new stock.

If there was no clearance stores would be a mess, not just the toy section.