Starting Monday, I watched every Indiana Jones movie for the first time.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Karhukjnsi, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE INDIANA JONES MOVIES, BE WARNED OF SPOILERS AHEAD!

Monday - Raiders
    Tuesday - Temple
    Wednesday - Crusade
    Thursday - Kingdom

I'm 23, never saw ANY of these films in my life, I saw clips of Temple on TV when I was a wee lad, and I once saw the bit with Indy taking the "leap of faith" not knowing what the hell was going on; and that's it.

So me and my girl decided to do an "Indy week", she had seen the first two when she was younger, but not the last two.

Strictly in my personal opinion, from best to lead liked: Temple > Crusade/Kingdom (a close one, can't figure out which has the edge for me, yet) >>>>>>>> Raiders

While I hated the monkeys in Kingdom, along with the fridge, overdramatic ants, and "OMG INCANS'RE STILL AROUND!", I didn't hate it anywhere near as close as Raiders. We both hated Raiders dearly, it opened great, a scene etched into the minds of many for life, but after that. =|

Temple was by far our favorite, it felt like THE Indiana Jones movie, the fight in the mine carts was absolutely superb. The ONLY things that bothered us really were: 1) Willy, she needs to shut the hell up 2) All that "Hindu" stuff looked waaay too vodou-influenced for our taste and 3) How did Indy make the stones light the bag aflame? Were the diamonds REALLY that hot inside?

Just felt like talking about it. Questions? Comments? Rebuttals?

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    BLASPHEME! To say that Kingdom is better than Raiders.

Still, I always wondered how someone who has never seen these movies would like them. Interesting that you liked Temple more. What I didn't know is that Temple is set a year before Raiders.

I rate them like this, Crusade, Raiders, Temple.....Star Wars prequels...a turd...Kingdom.

Now I want to know how someone who has never seen ANY Star Wars would rate them.

3. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I'm pissed that Short Round didn't get to stay, that kid's awesome.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I saw Crusades in theaters when I was a kid. I was hoping he would be in it. He was not. :( 

If you have never seen Goonies, do it. Awesome movie and he's in it too.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    My son and I watched the original trilogy shortly before Crystal Skull came out.
    He wanted to know why Indiana Jones' hair was white and he looked old.

It was then that I realized he had no idea the original movies were 20 years old.

I'm pissed that Shorty was never even mentioned again.

6. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    You should be ashamed of yourself :tongue: 

7. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    For me, Crystal Skull was one shark jump after the other. I was rolling my eyes the entire movie. It was a travesty. Raiders is a classic though.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently rewatched them. I still feel, by no uncertain large margin, that The Last Crusade is the best. Followed by Raiders of the Lost Ark, then Temple, then Kingdom. Yeah, Raiders is dated but the story was far more solid and the cast far more likable then in Temple. Willy was annoying, and Shortround was given, I think, too many heroic scenes, almost eclipsing Indy. That just didn't feel right to me.

9. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Well, my list goes:

1-Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
    2-Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. (REALLY close to number 1 in my ranking but Sean Connery just add a LOT to Crusade :p )
    3-Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom. (Not a bad movie per se but i can easily skip this one but still fun to watch from time to time).
    1269874-Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Not gonna bother in watching it again. Just not worth it.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hah, same as mine. But honestly, most people I talk to seem to agree about that order.

11. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    There were a few things here and there, I can see how fans of the original may be bothered, but newbs like me also see it differently. I wasn't bothered by the aliens one bit, it adds to the mythos surrounding various "Ancient Astronaut" theories. I hear people were bothered by "Indy riding bitch", I think that scene was fun. I even liked KGB involvement, as well as their interest in ESP studies. But the stupid "swinging through the vines" scene REALLY bothered me, a LOT.

Still not as bad as Raiders, so anti-climatic, a lot of poorly thought out characters (derp, I can drink a lot and not be drunk!), amongst other things that I'd really prefer not to think on.