Customs: starting an energon galvatron custom- need cannon

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Big Dawg, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys, just got energon Galvatron in a trade and he is missing his tank. Not a big fan of his alt mode or the wings so I thought I would turn him into my classics galvatron (maybe MP since he's so big). Anyway, I noticed in FR's custom using energon galvatron that he used an oversized classics galvatron cannon. however I can't seem to find one of those anywhere. I also thought about a G1 cannon but it appears they go for $40+ on ebay. also, I hate the way it looks when people paint a sharpie orange and use that, so I don't want to go down that route either.

any suggestions (links, shapeways)? If anyone has a G1 cannon for cheap shoot me a pm, but I posted this thread looking for opinions/options, not to solicit a sale lol. Thanks.

2. Shwiggie

Shwiggie Likeable dryskinned biped

If you don't find a G1 cannon or that KO cannon FR had, this might be an option for you....

I planned to make a G1-style barrel for Megatron out of a mechanical pen and a custom-built mount. This particular pen was rather large...in fact, too large for WfC Megatron, but it might work for the size you're talking about. I'd thought of using it for my Energon Megs with the idea of painting it orange-glittery and putting clear heat shrink tubing on the outside to beef it up further and incorporate "vent holes" to accomodate possible LED mount options.

It never came to pass thanks to workload (the fate of all my work I'd started earlier this year), but I have a picture of it from concept stage:

Attached Files:

3. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Personally if i was going to make a galvy custom i would use figure colours