Started to buy Henkei TF, Classic TF still worth to keep?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SimonMK, Dec 10, 2009.

1. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was wondering if I should keep the Classic version or get rid of them (by selling them very cheap). Because I look at some toys like Grimlock and the Henkei version just look much more detailed, mouth plate being colored different from the head, Autobot logo inside his chest crystal, stomach painted red like in G1...

And I am not a big fan of battle damage (Grimlock) and the heat stickers (wasn't collecting in the time of G1... :eek: ).

And there also the fact Hasbro screwed me on completing the Seekers (Thundercracker) and the Coneheads (Thrust and Dirge). While I still have a chance to buy the Henkei version.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Not all of the Henkeis are across the board better than the Classics. My collection is a mix of both. I sold my Classics Megatron, Grimlock and Starscream, kept my Classics Astrotrain, never picked up Henkei Ramjet or Skyfire.

3. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I forgot to mention its also about making more space in my room for upcoming TF I wants. If I buy Henkei and keep the Classic, that would take a lot of space...

4. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree, I have both. Cyclonus Henkei and the classic Cyclonus is one of his clones. astrotrain in both as they are way different. Ultra Magnus, well duh. I also have both Skywarps as they look different enough for me. I did get rid of prime, megatron, and bumblebee as the Henkei look way better. I love the Chrome, the more the better.

5. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

I just think the chrome makes em more KOish and bad looking to be honest, specially the chrome spoilers on some of them.

But i'd still like the henkei Dinobot and Astrotrain :p 

6. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

like what the others have said, i too have a mixed collection of henkei and classics. i just bought the henkei figs that i thought is the most accurate color of the character (megs, astrotrain) and for those that didnt get mass-released here in the u.s. (thrust, thundercracker, red alert).

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I'll take your Classics :) 

Though, I vote sell.

8. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    If you get both you can display them in both modes though...

9. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I wish I had a choice - all I have are US release stuff.

Sell what you don't like and make room, best option.

10. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

this...

I like the accuracy of Henkei paint apps, but I hate chrome (especially on random parts of alt modes), so I'll take a classics over a henkei if the paints are comparable.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    The only Henkei I'm going for is Astrotrain and Powerglide. I'm not going to pay twice for a different splash of paint or chrome across 1/2 square inch, but yeah for a different base plastic color.

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How long do you plan on keeping them? We don't know if the chrome will last. My advice is to get market value for them so you can subsidize your henkei seekers.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Pretty much like everyone else has said so far, I have a mix of both. Usually I just go with which one I like better, though I do have both Cyclonus' displayed together (Classics as his Armada). Megatron, Cyclonus, Ratchet, Inferno, Red Alert, Thundercracker, and Astrotrain are my Henkei figs mixed in with the Classics.

Most of my duplicates went into bashes or repaints. Cl. Astrotrain as Blast-Off, a second Uni. Hound as Swindle, etc.

I wouldn't go selling them so quickly.

14. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    As many others I have a mix of both, find the better of the two for you and sell what you don't want.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I sold all my Classics and am Henkei only.

16. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    just keep the classics you want, sell the rest...

17. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mix and Match. Thats what I did. Henkei Megs and Astrotrain are the only ones I think Henkei has better than Classics. I don't really like the chrome, but it's up to you and what you like. Keep in mind you will be spending at least $30 per figure.

18. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I've replaced almost all of my Classics/Universe stuff with the henkei versions. Except for the Characters that we didn't get in Henkei (Cliffjumper, Ultramagnus, etc.) and a few that I still have to replace. I haven't gotten rid of my Classics/Universe ones yet though, cos I haven't decided what to do with them yet either. I'm considering keeping a few of them for kit-bash possibilities. I'm keeping my Classics Hot Rod for when the Protector armor comes out. that will become my "rodimus prime" while Henkei Hot Rod will remain my Hot Rod.

19. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Keep in mind that Henkei figures have chrome, that has shown wear and chipping on some figures (like Megatron and Astrotrain).

Anyway, like most of people here, I mix and match. As much as I like cartoon accuracy, I have Classics Astrotrain because his colours really uphold the "robots in disguise" line. On the other hand I prefer Henkei Ramjet over Classics, because Classics is too bland in robot mode, with only 2 prevailing colours. And so on. The whole thing is purely subjectional, so take some time figuring it out, take both figures and scrutinize them. See which one you would "feel better" keeping.

20. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I'd keep both, unless you're really in need of the extra cash, it's much hassle for little. Classics seem to be real cheap 2nd hand.
    With the extras, you could repaint, kitbash or keep them in alt mode for a full display of the character.