Customs: Start with a regular model?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Feb 21, 2009.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    How many people start with an actual model kit of a car or plane, instead of starting off with regular Transformers pieces?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Not sure I follow what you mean. Do you mean, for example, would I look and decide I want to make a F-22 TF, and then try to figure out what I could use to make it happen versus looking at a TF and deciding what kind of models I could use to change it? If so, then I do that all the time. For example, I've always been disappointed that Hasbro has never given us jack in the way of Naval TFs really. Sure we had flat top and broadside waaaayyy back in the day, and we got a minicon in Cybertron, but anything else has been more fantastical, like a shark submarine. So I sat and brainstormed what ships would I most like to see as a TF, and from there worked to figure out what I could use to make that happen. This will end up being one of my hardest projects, but it's still down the road a little bit since my plate is so full. Not exactly a cake-walk to re-shell not one, but a whole team of TFs, and those that'll combine, no less.