Starsuck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ace Convoy, May 22, 2012.

1. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fort Belvoir Starbucks Charges Nine Employees Thousands for Drinks - Mount Vernon, VA Patch

Kinda sucks, I knew Stacy she was the best Barista there. Considering I only order two drinks she always knew which one I was coming in for and had it ready by the time I plopped the money down.

I should've added this, but I used to work for a Vendor on Belvoir and if you own a business on Belvoir your own rules can be overruled by Aafes. It sucks and makes things complicated.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, unless they plan on singling out the people who abuse this by ordering trays after treys for their friends every day (aka, the person who somehow got $13,000 of free drinks) without it being spread over a span of like 8 years, it seems like a pretty clean cut case against the corp, especially since their policies are clear & available to the employees like this, and especially since there's a Union involved.

Once someone figured out how easy it was to abuse the policy, it should have been updated, and employees should have been made to sign saying they've read it. Or they should've at least been more clever about who they fired & why, as if nothing else, to avoid all of the bad press that's sure to follow even if they don't end up getting sued or whatever.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Well it clearly states other employees must make the drink for them, I'm willing to bet those that were charged sidestepped that and made their own.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    If that's the case then I have no remorse (well maybe a little, but not enough to take their side when it comes to the people quoting the policy), but I was under the impression that they were acting within the guidelines they agreed to & feeling that Starbucks had gone over them in light of the amount not being specified (aka, that they're getting fired for ordering 4 free drinks oppose to just 1), or otherwise they wouldn't be stupid enough to break it to begin with, let alone to go public about things & complain about being fired.

What you're saying makes sense though.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Seriously? The employer is going to lose and lose badly , why? because the muck up they made of changing the company policy and not making it abundantly clear to all employees.

and seriously firing someone over a drink worth less than $4? just tell her pay for it and be done with it, cost far more to have the interview with her.