Starscream's Null Ray In The Movie??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sound Blaster, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I saw the movie again last night and when Starscream was flying around attacking Bumblebee & the twins he let out a blast from a special weapon that disabled all comunications between the humans/autobots.

Do you think that was his Null Ray?

I know Jetfire used a "Space Bridge" that was similiar to Skywarp's teleporting power so I think this could be possible....

2. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's stated that it was am EMP, but who knows?

3. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, did anyone else tough the scene were Starscream corners Sam, Mikaeala and Leo at the factory totally fit a "Stupid fools! There is no escape!"?

4. Wraithier

Wraithier Well-Known Member

LoL that would have been good, though it's "Pathetic Fools there's no escape!" :) 

I assumed it was soundwave that interrupted communications, that is basically how it goes in the book. Though in the movie it's cut weird so I could see it being something Starscream does in the movie...

5. Mattamus Prime

Mattamus Prime Well-Known Member

It was EMP... that aircraft has a number of special kick ass features. that's why Starscream picked it. It's the pinnacle of modern air tech right now. Too bad they are discontinued.

Epps even said it was an EMP burst.

6. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    Yup, an EMP. technically it would've taken Starscream out of the Sky. lol.

7. Wraithier

Well if that's the case I like how they did it in the book better. In the book Soundwave interrupts their communications so all NEST sees is a normal desert village, when in reality there is a huge battle. It makes much more sense for it to be soundwave that is interrupting communications (to me at least) and seems like a wasted opportunity by the writers because that is what Soundwave does!

8. Wraithier

Yep and disabled both the Autobots and Decepticons if I'm not mistaken, they do after all have electronic components.

In my mind I'm going to keep thinking it's Soundwave, even if that isn't how it's stated in the movie. (Maybe Epps just ASSUMED it was an EMP). When Ironhide did his EMP in the first movie there were some effects to go along with it. This time there was just a noise. I'm telling myself it was Soundwave since it makes more sense to me. ;) 

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it was a nice reference to the null ray, but yeah, as the thread states, EMP.

Which is kind of strange, seeing as a burst like that disables electronics in the area. You know, those electronics that are based on how Decepticon bodies work... I mean, sure, you could try and explain it away with shielding, but wouldnt the pulse be most powerful at the point it originates from?

10. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not necessarily. From what I understand, they're currently considering building more. The US government are just weighing up the cost (which is quite huge).

11. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Yes but just because he said it doesn't mean it to be true after all the null ray/emp are similiar...