Starscream's mutated spark?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thyme, Jan 16, 2011.

?

Could it be a cause of Decepticon sciences?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. uhm ... more like ...

18 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It mutated megs as well but in a different way. So maybe Starscream experimented with the dark energon (as a scientist it seems plausible for him to do so).

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Exactly. Maybe the mutation it gave Megatron was to make him near indestructible - he was already formidable, the dark energon just made him stronger. You could probably use dark energon as a reason certain Decepticons have certain powers or abilities, if you want to follow the canon established in Exodus, where Megatron fed it to nearly everyone.

I don't particularly subscribe to that canon, but it makes for an interesting idea.

3. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    :lol 

4. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    It's because he's awesome.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    My theory is that there weren't Sparks in G1, they were still using lasercore technology. As far as my opinion, I'd say that Galvatron's blast combined with Screamer's indominable will is what made him stick around.

6. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

No way...he learned how to live forever through the teachings of Qui-Gon Jinn duh. haha

7. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I picked the last option. I think that Scarscreams spark surviving is a fluke due to his strengh of will and his undying malice.

8. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

Sure it is, Starscream like so many others were not happy with the positions they were forced to submit to and so when a new ideology came into their focus promising them glory and power, he simply jumped feet first into an escalating war fueled by hate and jealousy, which can with the right Decepticon conditions, turn the most well adjusted individual into a war monger soldier.

9. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Except Jetfire had said Starscream was a good guy back in the day. Very selfless (if my g1 memory serves me right). So again, not so simple. Simple is "because that's the way he is in the cartoon".

10. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Starscream was a such hateful, vengeful bastard whose contempt was so great he simply continued to exist almost from pure will.

Or maybe it was that magic crown he was wearing.

Here's an illustration:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Thyme

That is possible ... horever the G1 cartoon had way too many discrepancies when it came to character's stories say like the Constructacon’s origin. In the US Cartoon Five Faces of Darkness (I can't remember what part it was) the Constructicons' origin implied they were on Cybertron millions of years ago before earth, which contradicts 1984 episode where Megatron referred to building them in caverns. So no matter how "Good" Starscream was stated to be by Skyfire, it still doesn't change the fact that Starscream had higher ambitions for more power, which would make him prone to Megatron's influence. History has shown there are a lot of individuals who bare arms in war times with the basic reasoning by their faction(s) stating to their army that what they are slaughtering their own kind for is a good reason.

wow ... you made me go all Geek Mode ty. ;) 

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Theres no solid contradiction because Megatron never said he "created" them.

13. Thyme

But Megatron stated: "They were worth the time we spent building them in these caverns", so he still claimed to have a part in building them.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Implied by alternity starscream is that starscream's immortality is the direct result of Far future god starscream protecting his own spark throughout time, sort of like a back in time forcefield. :/

15. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

Starscream was a scientist, who's to say he didn't experiment on himself?

That sounded perverted now that I think about it.

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Right, but "build" is not always synonymous with "create".

And theres no supporting dialog to suggest Megatron ment "create".

So "worth the time we spent building them" could have ment "worth the time we spent building them new bodies".

Given the vague dialog used, and the lack of any supporting dialog, any definition of the word "build" is possible.

So again I repeat, Theres no solid contradiction in that case.

17. Face

Face Well-Known Member

I've always been fond of the theory that when Unicron and his spawn kill another transformer, the dark energies can annihilate their bodies, but their spark is prevented from rejoining the matrix and left to roam the universe for eternity, never to find peace

might subtly explain why Ultra Magnus didn't die either, his spark left his body and when it was reassembled it re-entered it, so essentially his own ghost is possessing his own body

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Solid, no, but the way it's phrased certainly implies that they were made from scratch on Earth. If he meant re-building them, I'd have expected him to say something to that effect. But he didn't.

Explanation there: whoever it was who wrote FFoD clearly hadn't bothered watching HMW, or just didn't notice the line. The cartoon gained another inconsistency, what a surprise. :p 

On topic, I'd suspect it's just one of the unique quirks of Starscream's spark; he wouldn't be the only one with a "mutant power", so to speak.

19. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Let's stay out of the "Who created the Constructicons" and "Was Cyclonus Bombshell or Skywarp" debates. I think we get the point about the G1 cartoon's inconsistencies, which is a great point. However, I think we should stay on topic.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

No, it "certainly" does not.

That is simply how you interpenetrated the line

Theres no supporting dialog at all that can be used to determine what if anything he ment.

Why would you expect that??

Characters on the show made a hapit of speaking in very unclear terms.

Alpha Trion saying he created Optimus...when really he "re-built" him

Starscream saying he created the Combaticons....when what he did was build new bodies.
    Also not really a inconsistency.