Starscream's future?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by transformervic1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    what do you think his future will be? IF Unicron does come in, i think that instead of using megatron as galvatron, they will take a different approach and make starscream his assistant. what do you think? or will he be the unexpected ally to the autobots?

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's a touch call because there are so many directions they could go with it.

It kind of reminds me of Beast Wars where the good guys and the bad guys weren't two totally unified forces but you had bots going after their own agenda. Made things more interesting and I think this brings so much potential to Transformers Prime.

Now if we could just get some Autobots who don't take orders from Prime.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think that's likely. Starscream has no sway over anyone except for maybe Breakdown, but that's probably iffy now since Starscream has no cred.

Unicron took Megatron because he commanded fear and had an army. Knocked down, yes, but certainly not out...so long as he accepted Unicron's offer of course.

4. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    If Starscream does become his assistant then he can be reformatted into that old concept design and renamed Cyclonus.

However I don't think this is very likely. Scream doesn't strike me as the type to serve a god of chaos.

5. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still hoping he'd join up with the autobots. At least, I really hope so.

6. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

like all starscreams he will eventually die

I can see arcee disobeying optimus to go after starscream or airachnid alone

7. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I don't see how this is possible. Arcee would never allow it and I don't think the others would be too keen on the idea.

Scream would have to do something really big to win back their trust and not break his character.

8. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    How about: Megatron + Dark Energon shard supporting his spark = forced to serve Unicron?

It's really impossible to guess what Screamer will be up to from now on. Apart from planning to overthrow Megatron we don't even know what his other objectives are. Unicron would have to be really weakened/desperate to take a weak stray dog like Starscream as his herald. SS did claim at the end of 'Partners' that he won't be a servant anymore, IMO it'd be a retardation and inconsistency for his character to eat those words and be stupid enough to get involved with Satan... Unicron. Unless he would somehow manage to screw him over big time, which (seeing Screamer's epic fail record) is highly unlikely.

Me too. But after events of the last episode his fraction switch would require waaay more buildup than just making puppy dog eyes to Optimus. If they really want to make those 65-something episodes, thats a hell lot of time to do anything with his character (assuming he won't die till the end).

Well she did learn her lesson in 'Partners', so maybe there is a chance.

9. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I would like that too. But the only way I could see Starscream joining the Autobots is if they kept him as a prisoner. Optimus wouldn't allow him to be executed, but they would have to keep him locked up or hobbled somehow so he wouldn't be a threat. Maybe over time he could soften up and learn to be a decent person...but that would be a big stretch considering how he has acted up to this point.

I kinda imagine him being like Snape from Harry Potter; he could be on the good side, but he would probably never be a good person because that's just not his core personality.

Yep. She would probably NEVER EVER forgive him, but she could probably get to the point where she wouldn't try to slaughter him at every opportunity.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  10. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    I think the last episode was a step on the right direction though. At least all the cards are on the table and Arcee might learn not to live in revenge.

I'm also hoping that he was sincere in his recording with Soundwave at the beginning of the show.

And maybe standing on his own provides him with enough character growth to change. He might end up being Transformers Prime's Vegeta, Spike or Athena.

11. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    Not that much of stretch. Vegeta from Dragonball Z was blowing up populated planets and killing off entire civilizations.

Starscream may be bad, but I don't think he commited genocide yet.

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    this is a very good logic

13. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Oooh, I had forgotten about Vegeta. Good example. I was trying to think of super-evil characters who turned good but were still jerks, and I was having a hard time thinking of any. Most bad guys suddenly become unrealistically nice people when they switch.

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

As Ash pointed out, there are countless possibilities for him right now.
    But, I'd like to see Starscream become the badass dude with no troops, just his fists and schemes.

See him becoming the Jack Sparrow of TFP would also be awesome.

I mean, picture:

Megatron - "Not POSSIBLE!"

Starscream - "Not probable!"

15. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    Thanks. :) 

Vegeta became one of the cool antiheroes of Dragon Ball Z. I wish he had the limelight more often though.

For some reason, the change seemed subtle with him. I think because it was a combination of circumstance and the actions of the various characters in the story that kept pulling them together.

And as much as the autobot team is great on its own, I think they need a dark anti hero type of character.

16. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

I could see Screamer siding with Mech....not sure if Mech would ever work FOR him though, but it would be mutually beneficial as Starscream needs an ally. He could use Mech's resources to help engineer a team of combaticons. He could probably provide drones for Mech to test on.

Thinking about it I could see Silas and Starscream teaming up...they would both be lying through their teeth but their individual goals could be complementary though ultimately end in betrayal.

17. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    It's a good idea but it was already done before with Airachnid. Also I'm not sure if Starscream would want to have anything to do with puny humans.

The last two episodes were so Starscream-heavy that I wouldn't be surprised it he disappeared for a couple of episodes and appeared for the final. Then again 'Partners' ended with Megs going batshit about Screamer being captured by the enemy. Wonder how long will it take before he finds out that his SIC decided to go solo and orders to hunt him down.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Personally i would love to see Starscream start his own faction.........

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I would have loved to see starscream join and stay with the autobots because he would have learned some earth humor, maybe learned to gotten along with arcee, not get beaten up, and having air power for the autobots would have not been a bad thing for them.

Making starscream unicron's assistant will not be an easy choise for starscream because he did say something like "I serve no one". Although things can change, I can see if he does serve someone it would be unicron because starscream does like power.

Starscream will not stay alone for long anyway. He's the type to give and order people around.

We'll see, in the future episodes.

20. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

This is what I'm thinking is going to happen. Starscream might help MECH with Project Chimera and then turn on them when it's finished or close to being finished and seize the results of the project for himself.