Starscream's "Disguise"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraPrimus56, Jan 10, 2012.

1. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Don't you guys think that after the first movie, Starscream's jet mode was kind of pointless after he carved those tattoos into himself? Now, we don't even see him as much in jet form, he really now is just flying with his jet pack. I would have really like to have seen him do a dog fight or something in his "custom finished jet mode" With the other f-22s that were firing upon the pyramids in rotf, and actually USE it again rather than just doing cool arial swan dive transformations, (which we all know screamer loves to do;) . I know this is alot for a silly topic but, give me some feedback on what you guys think, I really want to discuss this with my fellow tf fans:) 

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's like a decoration for him. While it's certainly not a good way to blend in the background lke an alt mode should do it does explain Starscream's ego perfectly because it shows that he think he's above hiding just like how Megatron used to think before he used the Mack Tanker Truck in DOTM.

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I assumed that Starscream just throws a hologram of a "clean" jet around himself when he wants to hide.

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Well starscream was on the Nemesis with the Fallen between 07 and ROTF. I'd say he did it to suck up to the Fallen.

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I didn't really mind but was more concerned with the lack of cybertronian Starscream mode.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    He's faster in jet mode than robot mode and has better targetting abilities while flying. It still serves a practical purpose and what would you have him turn into?

7. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I think that the tattoos blew his cover WIDE open. It's like "Well that jet's got this alien crap on him. Yep it's Starscream. You know what to do,shoot him out of the sky!!"

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I've always hated those tattoos because it removes the hole point of his disguise and now every toy he gets has no disguise.

I love how in TF1 he does something that I don't recall ever being done before or since. He used his vehicle mode in combat but not as a weaon but as a disguise. I love the way he crept up on the jets disguised as one of them then suddenly took down three of them then transformed back into one of them. When they damaged him, allowing them to identify him, he damaged one of them just enough to copy his wound and then made them chase one of their own. That was awesome and how Starscream should be portrayed. He may be cowardly but he's a deadly coward. I love seeing him use cowardly tactics to win an aerial fight. He was neither an aerial worrier nor deadly in the sequels.

All of that is part of the many reasons I like TF1 best.

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Definitely did not notice that little detail! :jawdropper: 

10. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

You sure that's what happens? Granted I don't have the blu ray, but I see them causing minor damage to him, him swiping at one and missing, and then flying off, with one F22 in pursuit (comics later show Starscream destroyed it and escaped) while the few ones left finish the attack run on Megatron.

Only sort of related by I always entertained the thought of Starscream in disguise assisting the military in killing Blackout, since Blackout was always doubting his leadership according to the backstory.

11. soundwaverulls

At first it looks like Scream misses but at the last second you see smoke coming out of the jet he hit. I'll try to post pics.

12. soundwaverulls

This is at the very end of the scene. After taking out three jets,
    [​IMG]
    Starscream Transforms into jet mode and you see a real jet
    [​IMG]
    and then a seconds comes into view
    [​IMG]
    and shoots a rocket at Starscream.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scream transforms

[​IMG]
    and swings to the right where there's a third human jet.

[​IMG]
    He slashes at it and appears to have missed (on the crappy Utube clips I am forced to use as someone lost my DVD of the film).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The jets fly around tall buildings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and when you see the jet at the front in front of the sky, you can see smoke coming from it. This indicates Starscream did hit the jet.

[​IMG]

Two other jets are then seen behind Starscream and the scene ends.

13. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Honestly I can barely make that out. But I'll take your word for it.

Regardless Starscream pulls out with one jet in pursuit and the others proceed to attack Megatron. He doesn't seem to have tricked anyone into thinking the damaged jet was him. He did however manage to reduce the damage to Megatron to mild because only two or so jets actually completed the attack run.

As for his disguise, actually NEST doesn't seem to field F22's opting for F16's and other older jets in ROTF, so he couldn't have pulled that trick again. Maybe they realized a prominant Decepticon had that mode, and specifically had their fighters different models so they'd know it was him if an unidenitfied F22 ever showed up.

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I remember seeing the leaked images of the tatted SS toy long before ROFT came out. I thought that there was no way in hell they'd keep that design in the movie, it made no sense! Then someone posted the comic page where he carved them in himself to attract the allegiance of other Decepticons. It meant something on Cybertron but it completely negates the disguise aspect of an alt mode, but by that time staying hidden wasn't a priority anymore.

15. soundwaverulls

Yeah sorry about the quality. Like I said, someone lost my DVD of the film and I have to use YouTube clips.

Also, I like to think he was with the jets because it makes him more like Starscream. They never indicated that Scream left. Tricking the jets makes him look more dangerous and attacking Megatron makes him treacherous.

16. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

I don't think Starscream cared to be in disguise. Why would he? What would be the point of him really needing one? Me pretty much doesn't need to hide since he can just fly out of orbit and the best fighter jets (F22) couldn't take him out.

17. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    His Jet is only for travel, not for disguise

18. Rodihide

Rodihide Batmobile Autobot

it may just make him look cybertronian

19. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Fun fact: disguise is not the sole purpose of transformation.

20. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Starscream says F*** disguise