Starscream's Death

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Barrett Sturge, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Barrett Sturge

Barrett Sturge Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people were severely disappointed with Movie Screamer's death, but how would you have it happen? I'm actually glad he's dead, I hated him, and other than grovelling at Megatron's feet, he wasn't like Starscream at all.

Here's how I would have had him killed: At some point in the Chicago battle (probably around the same time the 'Bots were prisoners, Starscream and Megatron would be discussing their plans for after the Autobot's defeat. Megatron mentions something about being ruler of Cybertron, and it sets Starscream off. He finally cracks and attacks Megatron. However, upon seeing this, Shockwave "intervenes" and kills Starscream for his own personal gain, as he knows it would be much more logical to let the already wounded Megatron take over Cybertron, just to betray him then, rather than attacking Starscream when he has power over Cybertron, as Starscream would probably be expecting any plans to kill him.

2. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

Ya I really wish I saw him try and fight megatron. It really stunk that he had to die like that. I wish he was more like G1 Starscream. G1 screamer was the best and had a perfect butt licking to overthrowing attempt ratio lol!

3. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Yeah, that would have been alot more satisfying. Seeing more internal conflicts causing the Cons to collapse would have been preferable to Superhero Sam's bullshit heroics (once again, I swear he's tougher than Optimus and Bumblebee).

Personally, I would have had Megs shoot Sentinel down and leave him for dead, then had Megs fight Optimus in the final battle and just as he's about to kill Optimus, Starscream takes Megs down. Then Starscream arrogantly would attempt to take Optimus head (as proof he should lead, planning to say Optimus killed Megs) and the Optimus would take him down. Then Optimus would find the dying Sentinel, and have his final dialogue with him before going offline.

Now seeing Sam takedown Barricade would have made sense... if it had been him Sam tookout, I wouldn't have liked it, but it would have made more sense. Plus hearing 'ladiesman217' coming from Barricade again would have been magic, and seeing Bee charge to the rescue would have made even more sense, as he could have been tracking Barricade, and then thanked Sam for eliminating his rival.

This is just yet another instance of how Bay and his production team didn't really look to fully make their trilogy feel connected. Small touches like that don't harm the movie for first timers, and reward those who have watched the series.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well Bayverse Starscream sucked, it's only natural for him to die a pathetic and humilating death at the ends of Spaz Wiggitywhack.

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Although I'm fine with Starscream's death, here's how I would've changed a few things, just to satisfy a few different views.

Forgive the wankiness and fan-fiction-ness of my description, but it's the only way that I could explain the scene and do it justice.

I know, I know. TL;DR, "cool story bro", etc..

Ahem...

The Autobots scan their surroundings for any more Decepticons, when suddenly a deafening roar thunders in the sky. They all look up as Starscream races past them in the upper atmosphere. The Autobots attempted to take cover as best they could behind whatever shelter they could find. They began to advance, when Dino piped in. “You guys-a keep-a going. I’ll catch up.” “Dino, no! We stick together!”, Sideswipe shouted. “I’ll be-a fine. Just go. There’s some-a “business” that I-a have to attend-a to.” And with that, Dino transformed and raced off into the distance. Sideswipe grunted with disapproval, but he knew Dino wouldn’t let up. Bumblebee did not take his gaze off him. Dino was tough, but there was something about this that ‘Bee did not like. (This is to hint at the upcoming rescue of Sam and Lennox by Bumblebee. Bumblebee basically chased after Dino some point after Dino had left.)
    Starscream continues to rip apart the building in an attempt to locate the annoying fleshling. Starscream could have just as easily blown the entire building to kingdom come, but Starscream was much too vain for that. He wanted to see the life ebb from Sam’s eyes himself. He wanted his last breath to be recorded for the historical chronicles. If he weren’t so busy trying to play the “big bot” in town, Starscream might have noticed the stealth Autobot swiftly approaching from the side, even with just a single optic. Sam scrambled as far back as he could, mere feet from Starscream’s hands. Just when Starscream thought he had Sam in his clutches, he was rocked by a sudden impact and fell to the ground. Starscream swung his head around wildly, scanning the area for the perpetrator. “Who dares attack the mighty Starscream?!” Nothing appeared on his various scanners. Whoever this foe was, he was a fan of hiding. As was Starscream. But he did not convey that side of him to his enemies. He needed to maintain his tough battle-ready persona at all times. The attacks came again. Invisible. Again. Once more. Different direction. Laceration after laceration appeared on Starscream’s appendages. Little did Starscream know that these weren’t just random hits. These were precise targets. Each cut was at a vulnerable position on Starscream’s armor. Starscream fell to his knees momentarily. Sam was just as perplexed as Starscream. Who was this invisible assassin? “Show yourself, coward!” Starscream flailed his arms around. The grapple-glove that was lodged in Starscream’s optic was obviously obscuring his vision. This time it was his rocket thrusters that were hit. They began to spark and shudder violently. Starscream attempted to take off into the sky, but he could not. His thrusters puttered like they were running out of gas. Starscream fell back to the ground and braced himself against the side of the building. He continued to thrash around. But luckily for Starscream, he managed to land a hit on his unseen opponent. Static crackled as a red Autobot suddenly appeared. It was Dino, utilizing his “mirage” technique to become practically invisible. Starscream swiftly took the opportunity and grabbed Dino. “Not so tough now, are you?” Dino struggled in Starscream’s grasp. Massive claws envelope Dino’s face. And even in his final moments, Dino had only one objective: protect the humans. “Run!” And with a quick twist, the Autobot’s lifeless head tumbles to the ground, followed shortly by the mangled mess of metal that is the rest of his body. That was the last straw. Sam grabbed hold of Que’s “boom stick”.
    Lennox and his soldiers show up, start firing, etc..
    Lennox quickly reloaded his weapon, and it was then that he noticed what Dino had been doing. He had been targeting the weak spots on Starscream. Lennox took advantage of this fact. “The joints! Target the joints! Knees, elbows, feet! Aim for the open wounds!” The surviving soldiers poured fire into the open wounds of Starscream. Under normal circumstances, mere bullets, rounds and missiles would’ve done little-to-no harm against such a fighter as Starscream. But thanks to Dino’s precise hits, the ordinary human firepower seemed 10X more intense to Starscream. He actually felt...pain. But not for long. Starscream will show these insects true pain. Explosions erupted around Lennox and his team. One-by-one Starscream was landing lucky shots on the soldiers. Luckily for them their death was quick and painless; obliterated by massive alien weapons.
    Bumblebee raced through the debris-ladened environment of Chicago. Bumblebee could not allow anything to happen to Sam. Not after the past few years together. He had to make it. He had to.
    Starscream, at death’s door, continued to hurl his insults and threats at the humans. His entire body was shuddering and shaking from shock. Explosions riddled his body and he felt his systems shutting down. He continued to grope at the bomb wedged in his face as the beeping increased in speed. Still dangling from Starscream’s face, Lennox managed to severe the cord connecting them with this, quite literally, ticking time-bomb. Starscream spat at them. “I’m gonna’ kill-!” That was the last thing to ooze from Starscream’s vile mouth that day. His head split open with a massive bang as his body began to fall forward. Lennox and Sam plummeted to the ground. Sam knew it was over. Done. This was it. Or was it? A familiar engine roar was heard as a bright yellow streak drifted around the corner and in a heartbeat, transformed snatched the two humans out of the air and shifted forms once again to have them gently resting on his hood.

Gosh...I feel so icky with all of that cheese. :lol 

:bay 

6. dirgestone

dirgestone Banned

I would think that they were in battle millions of years, a shot to the eye would not have made Scream a bumbling fool. How is that Ironhide 'the weapons GURU' and Ratchet could not take Scream down AND ran from him but a 5-8 human can take him down

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm fine with how he died, I only wish that two things had happened before he died: 1) Starscream being more of a badass, perhaps taking on some Autobots personally, maybe killing one or two, and 2) make some sort of attempt at power, or at least get really snarky with Megatron, having Soundwave or Shockwave put him in his place.

Well one, he was hit in a vital area with the eyes, and two, it could've easily been something with a little extra "oomph" in the devices' structure as Que did invent it. Starscream had been through many battles, and knew Ironhide personally; a well-seasoned fighter can take a good hit, but will still go down at an eye gouge.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Starscream flies. That's the point, in the air, he is absolutely unbeatable [which is why he was such a threat in TF2007: He was flying], in the ground, he's a freaking wuss.

And Starscream embodies the concept of "prideful fool", he underestimated Sam. Severely.

To me, I always envisioned Starscream turning on Megatron after Sentinel's betrayal, saying something like "Such a dreadful fate for such a powerful warrior."

Megatron would obviously be pissed off, but also sad realizing he has a point, "Why are you here?"

"To warn you my master, that there has been a slight..."change" in the game." cue Starscream cocking his weapon, "Your reign as a Decepticon has ended...."master", mine has just begun!"

Then, he would switch to jet-mode, to kill Megatron, then an awesome scene where they both fire at each other in slow-mo, Old-west style [i.e neither tries to dodge, they just fire until they run out of bullets or one of them falls dead], Starscream would eventually be blasted into oblivion by Megatron, and Megatron would sit, sulking in deppression [realizing just how far he fell] like he was when Carly met him.

Then things would proceed pretty much like they did in the movie. Simple. quick. good.

But I still think his death in the movie is completely justified, he is an air-commander, he is a beast in air dogfighting and other things, but he is a pathetic wreck in close-quarter combat [because he never fought close-quarter combat, he is used to fighting in/from the skies].

He doesn't deal with pain like Megatron does [i.e shrugging off like a boss] because he isn't used with a painful combat, so his eye distracted him a lot.

9. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    Here's how I would've had him go out:
    Optimus shows up with his jet-wing upgrade to face the Driller. As he shoots off various tentacles he flies up higher to avoid the Driller's maw. Starscream spots him from the top of a nearby building and transforms into jet-mode to ambush Prime with a barrage of missiles. As the missiles hit Optimus, Starscream transforms to robot mode and uses his saw to slice off a wing. A dogfight ensues with a clearly over-matched Optimus being pushed closer toward the Driller, who is still occupying the building. Starscream charges once more to push Prime, cackling madly. Prime dodges and Starscream gets blindsided hard by the Driller. He is sent flying somewhere else as Optimus finishes off the Driller.

What happens next, I have a few divergent ideas. Take your pick:

-Dino and Sideswipe later find a badly damaged Starscream in a blown up and blasted street and engage him. A Jurassic Park-style chase scene(avec witty banter) ensues, with Dino and Sideswipe taking Stealth Force mode and eventually taking advantage of their crumbling surroundings to crush Starscream with a bunch of rubble. The disturbance alerts a squad of protoforms and Barricade to the scene. They capture Dino and Sideswipe at gunpoint. They capture the other Autobots at some later scene.
    -Sam and company are intercepted by the damaged Starscream and Sam and Carly are separated from the group. The original lame Starscream death scene proceeds.
    -

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Anything is better than crumbling to dust after one shot.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't have changed it. He had the most entertaining death in the movie.

12. Barrett Sturge

Barrett Sturge Well-Known Member

Man, that's pretty cool. Kudos to you! :thumbs2: 

13. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

First film: Starscream fires a quick missile blast, then disappears. Starscream quickly drops in in front of Ratchet and Ironhide, shoots them up, then immediately leaves before they can get their bearings. Starscream blows up the helicopter than leaves. Starscream sneaks up on the jets and destroys a few but breaks off and leaves once they start shooting back at him. He makes no attempt to help Megatron afterwards.

Second film: Picks on Sam but runs for it when Bee smashes in. Helps Megatron fight Optimus but plays it safe and sticks back. Shoots at Bee and the Twins, but quickly gives up. Hunts for Sam. Once the fighting starts in full he makes no attempt to help and vanishes until the end where he suggests Megatron retreat. He's the only Decepticon not killed or damaged as a result.

Third film: Shoots down the otherwise helpless planes, and picks on Sam some more. Makes no attempt to help against any of the Autobots.

From this we can see that Starscream is pretty cowardly, either attacking helpless targets, or sneak attacking and then running away. He generally makes no attempt to wade into the fray with his fellow Decepticons. Considering this it makes sense that he freaks out when he looses his eyes, because even though he's been fighting for years and years he always makes sure he doesn't get hurt, so his pain tolerance is very low.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

One of the other robots killing him would have been cooler. I'm tempted to say Megatron since that would be a nod to other continuities where Megatron or Galvatron killed Starscream, but perhaps Sentinel to show that Sentinel was so focused on his plan that he no longer cared about Autobot or Decepticon.

What really peeves me with the scene is movie physics. Getting thrown around like that Sam's shoulder should have been at the very least dislocated. The human arm just isn't built to take that sort of punishment.

But since it was known from the start of shooting that Shia was not coming back to Transformers after Dark of the Moon it would have been better for Starscream to have killed Sam. Starscream slinking off again would have kept things open for a 4th movie if Paramount decided they weren't ready to drop the current continuity. Plus the death of Sam would have put some sacrifice into the hero's victory.

15. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Starscream is one Con I wouldn't have killed off! He should have been allowed to escape , and find some place to whine and complain.

16. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Bumblebee taking Starscream out after Sam stabs him in the eye with a BIGGER explosion.

17. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

The OP's plan wouldnt work.
    Starscream has already been established as a cowardice wimp, and with nothing leading up to a betrayal, it wouldnt work at all.
    Heres how i'd have it:
    So sam is stuck to starscream by the grapple glove, but sideswipe and dino come to the rescue. Mirage cuts sam loose, and gets the boom stick from him, passes it to sideswipe, and fights off screamer while sidswipe tries to get the boomstick on Screamer. sideswipe jamms the boom stick into starscreams eye, and starscream tries to flee, but ultimately dies and his head blows up.