Starscream's bounty hunters

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Oct 15, 2016.

1. GBscientist

GBscientist New Member

I quite enjoyed our new bounty-hunting overlords and hope that they show up again.

More seriously, Shadelock's design was interesting and I wonder if he took some sort of damage that necessitated his custom head, or if the modifications were elective. Roughedge is rather amusing as a mercenary Autobot, of which we've only ever seen one before (Devcon). The insecticon, though, presents possibly the greatest mystery, because weren't all of the insecticons stuck on one of Cybertron's moons getting sucked dry by Airachnid the Vampire?

2. ThePendulum

ThePendulum Active Member

Probably one of the leftover sentries we saw in that Vector Sigma 2-parter

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

You seem to have a different definition of the word "most" that I'm not previously aware of. There are only 8 characters who do not already have toys, plans for a future release of a figure, or are not repaints of molds that already exist. The only way that would qualify as most is if there was a cast of only 9-15 characters. We have a cast of 44 so 8 not getting toys is in no way "most".

Plus this series and toy line are still ongoing. Just because they don't have toys now does not meant they won't in the future.

Look at past toy lines. The only G1 characters who didn't get toys were female or a planet. And now even they have toys... it took 30 years but it finally happened.

Beast Wars the only character who didn't get a toy didn't transform... but she got a toy ten years later and a Botcon Pre-BW exclusive figure.

Beast Machines the only characters who didn't get toys were a plant lady and Optimal Megatron... And considering he's just Optimal Optimus with no beast mode and a different face sculp I don't know why this was never a thing. The Titanium figure was half way there with no beast mode but they decided to mold the head after Optimus instead of Megatron for some reason.

RID1 Every character had a toy... Well sort of... Brave Maximus was only released in Japan because the figure failed American safty tests... the toy still exists it just wasn't released in the States.

Armada/Energon/Cybertron every character had a toy.

Movies, not only did they make toys of characters who were actually in the movies but they also made toys of characters who were planned to be in the movies but never actually showed up. There were some appliances who never got turned into toys but pretty much all the major named characters have toys.

Animated this toy line actually has the highest number of unreleased toys. That's mainly due to the fact that the toy line was cancelled before they finished it. There were prototypes made for several characters from the show that never got released as toys.

Prime The only character from the show who was never released as a toy are Alpha Trion, Makeshift who you can't even really seen in the show anyway, and the Decepticon Minors (The two visor variant of the Vehicons.)

So yeah, I stick by the fact that it's pretty rare for a character to appear in the cartoon and not get a toy. Even when it does happen, we do have a couple examples of characters who didn't initially get toys, getting them several years later after the series ended. There's still a chance we could see those unreleased Animated designs pop up some where. There were Beast Machines toys that were so far in production already that even though they didn't get released in Beast Machines they ended up popping up as part of RID1.

4. SaberPrime

Actually Rhinox appears in Armada for like 1 second as a background character who doesn't do anything and even he had a toy.

They don't necessarily have to release the same mold. Look at Windblade. They could have just made a repaint of the Classics mold but instead they actually a made a whole new mold for her. I don't know why, the Animation model already looked like the Classics version. They could of just stuck a poker chip sticker on the existing figure and re-released it as RID Windblade but instead they made a whole new... arguably better figure.

They haven't really released any repaints from other toy lines, even when they had an opportunity to do so... so maybe they might end up making a whole new mold rather than just retooling an existing one. Either way, I'd buy it.

5. SaberPrime

It's silly to think that the ones we saw in Prime were "all of them" there's bound to be others that weren't even around when Airachnid took control of them.

Plus I think Kickback, Saberhorn, and Glowstrike were also classified as Insecticons... because they are insects... despite looking nothing like the Prime Insecticons. And yet they all clearly exist in the same universe.

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I don't think they were ever meant to all look the same. I think that was just done due to their small CGI budget.

7. SaberPrime

Maybe but it's still a thing where we have a large group of identical looking Insecticons and some other dudes who are also Insecticons but look completely different.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm still mad some of my favourite (characters/designs) still have no kind of toy made of them.

Especially Stockade, Scowl, Saberhorn, Glowstrike, Filch, and Shadelock specifically.

I'm hoping Thermidor gets a toy, considering Bisk has one I'd be shocked if he doesn't get one but considering we haven't seen one yet....I'm a bit nervous.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Most likely more Insecticons were born after Prime's sacrifice.

10. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Remember how Prime still released toys after the series had ended in 2014. What if the same thing happens with RID and the year after RID's end is used to release Con toys.

11. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Insecticon is Razorhorn,he's awesome.