Starscream's bounty hunters

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Oct 15, 2016.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I noticed some odd things about two of the three bounty hunters working for Starscream.

One of them is a modified Vehicon design. We've seen the Prime Vehicons in different colors on this show before and this is really making me wander if we're going to get remolds or entirely new molds of the Prime Vehicons. We never did get the two visor head sculpt for them. I would love to get more variants. This dude also seems to be the only one with a name. It makes me wander were the others clones of him or was he once just a normal Vehicon who modified himself and made a name for himself. He has an asemetrical design which makes me think either a really poor custom job or parts were actually forcefully removed to create his clones.

The other odd one is that one of the bounty hunters has Autobot insignias. I wander did he use to be an Autobot and switched sides or does he have scratched out insignias for every Autobot he's killed. I never really got a good look at them but it looks like the insignias are scratched threw similar to Armada Wheeljack but there's at least three different Autobot insignias on this guy and I didn't see any Decepticon insignias.

The last one is just an Insecticon.

2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Local homeless call me 'Scumbag Jesus'

The war is over, faction doesn't matter. Roughedge is working for Starscream because it's his JOB. He's being paid.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I very much doubt we'll see toys of any of the mercenaries, which is what they were, as Starscream said he was paying them. That's why one of them has an Autobot insignia. He's just some Autobot trying to make some money. As for the Vehicons, since the writers weren't bothered to explain them in-show, and with how big a negative impact the Vehicons had on the show, I refuse to dignify their existence with theorizing on them.

4. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they really should have used windblades model for Slipstream the decepticon ( admittingly the name would cause problems then with drifts minicon ), At least that way they would have used an actual toy that could be sold, ( Legends one ) or they could even recolore/remoldedthe new RID Windblade to do it.

I would have not minded seeing thundercracker and skywarp also show up using the Star scream model.

Oh well.

5. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I wonder where Starscream got money to hire them, when everyone thinks he's dead.

6. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

They should get figures. So should Thermidor and Clawtrap.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It can still happen actually. I mean the series has no problems doing it for this season and Slipstream could be called Slipstrike so the whole Slipstream thing can be settled. She's among the popular new characters in recent years so I bet the writers are aware of this as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

The war may be over but that doesn't mean factions don't matter anymore. This whole series has still been Autobots vs Decepticons. Grimlock even switched factions, why bother switching sides if it doesn't mean anything?

Also don't forget that Hasbro is first a Toy company so it's pretty rare for characters to appear in the cartoon and not get a toy.

9. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

You make Steve sad.

• Like Like x 1
  10. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Them not having names (outside of Roughedge) drives me a bit nuts. Cool designs.

11. Lovecraft

The Vehicon is "Shadelock"
    The museum guard model is "Roughedge"
    The Insecticon has no name right now.

12. Axos

Axos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then how come most characters in the show have not gotten toys?

13. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, cuz most of armada's and animated background dudes totally gotten toys.

Well, the Prime model reuses would be because well... Hasbro has kinda an odd set up, it's not like they would pull a "Transformers Energon" And release Arms Micron Soundwave in R.I.D colors, A Orange and Blue Airachnid (Which wasn't a good mold to start with) and Repaint the very small legends/Cyberverse Insecticon.

Or go with a nother route by Retooling the arms micron version Vehicon into Shadelock, Retool Bisk into Themidor and Repaint Prime Prowl into Roughedge.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm amazed they never had time to give the Insecticon a name of somekind.

I wish he and Roughedge at least spoke once. I mean they had enough VA's but some of the VA's in the cast could have done double duty (Eric Bauza, Khary Payton, Roger Craig Smith, Jim Cummings, Andre Sogliuzzo) in particular.

Oh Well.

15. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Moderator

News Credits:
    Knowing Starscream...stole it?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  16. Lovecraft

I thought that Roughedge had spoken at least once, but I could definitely be mistaken. I know that the Insecticon roared in "Worthy". It wasn't the established high/low growling whistle that Prime eststablished though, just a more generic roaring effect. It was still bitchin for what it was though.

17. ThePendulum

ThePendulum Active Member

Then may I try to amuse you then ? The survivors were disenchanted by the new government, and decided to go into different careers. Teachers :D , bounty hunters :D , or join COG and becoming Clayton Carmines :D 

Then I propose we give him one. Through the process of elimination (bombshell, hardshell, bombshock) : Henceforth, you, nameless Insecticon, will be known as .......... Hardshock.

18. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

What bout Shellshock? Or BombHard?

19. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Maybe we could pretend that Insecticon is the real Hardshell and the one Miko killed was just an imposter/clone. Too hopeful of a thought?

20. ThePendulum

ThePendulum Active Member

Bit obvious. But sure.

a bit. But not bad, "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" :D