Starscream's backup plan

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Worlder, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Worlder

Worlder Well-Known Member

By "backup plan" I mean in the event that Megatron manages to make a recovery. And remembers the shard pull.

Starscream better make one very very convincing excuse as to why he chose to pull out the Dark Energon.

Perhaps he can say that he needed a large sample to continue to work with the material or that he was safe guarding it so that it wouldn't be lost.

But yeah does anyone here think the writers have planned for Starscream to have his alibi in order in case Megatron manages to wake up?

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I definitely believe they've thought ahead. With what Hasbro has wanted with this series, and the huge production bible (not that most production bibles aren't huge), I think they're trying to cover as much as they can.

3. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

i think megatron just wont remember starscream pulling the shard out because he was posessed at the time

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    What Cyber Star said. Megatron seemed not entirely "there" when Screamer found him in the Spacebridge wreckage. I would say Megatron was in a coma-like state and only when he was brought to the ship was he stabilized.

Now, will Megatron return? Probably, Knock Out can't be THAT bad a medic. And while Screamer obviously would prefer Megatron not to return, he's most likley going to go back to kissing ass to save face in front of the other Decepticons.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I can wait for Megatron's return since Lord Starscream has been a very interesting Decepticon leader.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Personally, I think no matter what excuse Screamer comes up with, his ass is grass as soon as Meg comes to.

7. Worlder

Worlder Well-Known Member

Wait, I just remembered something from previous series' that could be used in this series.

You know how Starscream doesn't die that easily. Be it some weird property of his soul or a piece of divine glass lodged in his forehead.

Even if he has to die by Megatron's hand, I hope the writers make it so that his instory obituary is a half-truth.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    For once, I'd actually like it if Starscream actually stayed dead if he ever gets killed. The whole "resurection/ghost" schtick is really getting old (although at least Animated put it to good use by indirectly having that ability give birth to the Animated Seeker repaints)

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Megatron seemed pissed in that brief moment in Masters and Students when he awoke to see Starscream. If (when) Megatron comes back, I predict one of three things will happen to him:

1. He'll suck some major dick.

2. He'll be killed, maybe temporarily.

3. He'll run away/get kicked out/get banished from Megatron's Decepticons.

Also, wasn't something about a "Starscream arc" (or something along those lines) mentioned in an interview a while back?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  10. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I think this is pretty much the arc they were talking about. Screamer actually getting to be in charge for a time.

11. Mechafire

News Credits:
    If true, that's honestly kinda disappointing. I mean, since Darkness Rising the show hasn't been focusing on Starscream that much. Maybe that will change in future episodes before Megatron comes back, though.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

He was fairly prominent in Masters and Student, and Con Job.
    Not every episode is going to have him in the spotlight. It's not called the Starscream show.

13. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Yes, I realize that.

Indeed. However, for a "Starscream arc", I personally would expect him to be featured more prominently than he has been, unless by "Starscream arc" they just meant the period of time that he was in command.

But we're getting off topic. It'll be interesting to see what Starscream does if (when) Megatron recovers.

14. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it matters if Starscream comes up with a plan to not get the slag beaten out of him, he's pretty much Megatron's stress ball in the first place.

15. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When Megatron comes back (and we all know he will), I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it if this Starscream stood up to him and said, "Well, you WENT CRAZY!!!" He already confided in Soundwave that he felt Megatron was losing his mind. To me, it says a lot when Starscream tells Soundwave, the one most loyal to Megatron, something that important. Starscream was well within his right to want Megatron to stay dead. And even then, Starscream gave Megatron ample warning to get clear of the space bridge. He had time to fly away, but instead he flew closer to it. Megatron got himself blown up.

Starscream needs to stand up for himself!! Please, oh please, let TFP Starscream be the one to finally offer a serious challenge to Megatron!!

16. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Starscream sticks himself with dark energon shard.

Megatron wakes up.

Megatron "kills" Starscream and dumps the body.

Starscream lives to scheme another day due to dark energon keeping him alive.

17. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    This is what I'm expecting.

18. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    This would be awesome to see.

Not so much this idea

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    There so far only been one Starscream that went toe to toe with Megatron that was the Cybertron version. I'd love to see Priem Starscream donning the Coronation crown.

20. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget Armada Starscream, even though he threw the fight.