Customs: Starscream's air brake/jet back

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by not_prime, Jan 21, 2008.

1. David

David Here for a good time, not a long time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So yeah this thread made me think of this really really sick dirty joke, you are warned!!......

The Town Drunk only had ten bucks and wanted some action at the 'House of Madame' but only Sandpaper Sally agreed.
    On the bed, the Drunk stopped halfway saying, 'No wonder they call you Sandpaper Sally, you're very rough inside there.
    Sally brushed the comment aside and continued with their 'pleasure'.
    The Drunk stopped and said that he could't go on, his 'thing' was getting too sore and asked Sally to please do something about this situation.
    Sallly went into the bathroom and came back out after a few minutes and they resume 'business'.
    Wow! said the Drunk, 'this is great, its really smooth and nice now, what did you do in there?
    Did you apply cream? - No.

Did you put butter? - No.

Did you put soap? - No.

Then what did you do? -

Oh I just reached in with my finger nails and pick at the scabs and just let the pus run.

2. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Ewwwwww thats nasty.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It is COMPLETELY possible to sand something down and make it look untouched, shiny, and pristine without paint. I do it all the time using a system of sanding and polishing emery boards, on various things like gundam models, and removing yellowing on old toys.

Sorry, it just is. Anybody who says it isn't possible is flat-out WRONG.

I also second sanding down the front of the airbrake, and also all along the bottom of it, and where the metal hinge lies flat against it when in jet mode. It helped mine a lot.

4. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Such a large generalization is very arrogant. But do what you will, in my experience it isnt possible. *shrug*

5. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How is it a generalization when multiple people say something is possible, and one guy says it isn't?

Are we to believe the single dissenting voice over the masses that have proven it possible, especially when I have seen and done it myself?

It's possible, and you are 100% wrong when you say it isn't - that's all there is to it. If you can't get it to work, then you aren't doing it properly. There's nothing more that needs to be said.

I can show you proof of it when I get home tonight if you like, but something tells me even irrefutable proof won't convince you.

6. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Thing is i know better mate. I work on real bloody cars and modify them, so i know what im talking about when it comes to scraping a bit of plastic off of a bloody toy.

Get over it.

7. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Whatever. I have no need to convince you of what I know to be true, believe what you want. This argument is going nowhere fast and isn't worth continuing.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Please don't tell people to just "get over it" about anything.

9. SonRay

SonRay Banned

I only said get over it to end the stupid argument.

10. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

Why and how does my question spark all this anger amongst yourselves? All I wanted to know was how to make my SS look more streamline. Didn't want to piss anyone off.

11. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Dont worry yourself, its just us old experienced types and our different opinions bouncing off each other we're all stubborn like that and this being the interwebs theres always that inherent lack of respect for people so that makes things worse.

Just do what you feel the most comfortable with doing on your SS and try to have fun while doing it.

12. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

I actually tried what you suggested, which was sanding on all sides, and pretty well down too. Doesn't do jack. I ended up just letting it be.

13. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    PM sent reguarding a few suggestions.

14. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Haha, thats funny. We was all wrong! LMAO

Anyways, what kind of sand paper did you use? You might not be doing it in the right area maybe?

15. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    I just transformed my SS from Hasbro, and noticed this problem is way worse on him than the Takara versions, where the sanding worked fine. It looks like the clips at the rear of the airbrake section which insert into the fuselage are too big: they need to be thinned out via sanding, or enlarge the rectangular holes they lock into.