Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraPrimus56, May 8, 2012.

1. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Who's Who in the Transformers Universe

Transformers Tech Specs

Courage: 8. Firepower, Intelligence, Strength: 7.

Not tough or smart?

2. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

In the movies, he's one of the most feared, especially in TF1. Blew Bee's legs clean off and you knew from then on he meant business.

Went pretty far downhill in RoTF with his kinda queer tattoos and his blithering way of not really doing anything and missing with all his rockets. Was slightly better in DoTM, hated his lines though, "Im going to KICK you" being completely ******ed. His death was pretty brutal, but far too longed out and wacky.

Give him his TF: Prime personality and his TF1 awesomeness and design, "thats a bingo!"

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    -wiggles fingers-

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Sigh.

What little we saw of him in 2007 was decent. Competent air combatant, respected/feared by the Autobots, not too much of a sniveler.

RotF - Whatever. More of a lickspittle to Megatron, got his arm ripped right off, and advocated the virtues of cowardice.

DotM - Still licking Megatron's boots - FAIL. His character only truly shone right before his death as he mocked Sam and Carly as they fled before him. Then it all went to hell when he died at Sam's hands. I suppose his little run on the Osprey's was semi-impressive but nowhere near his dismantling of the F-22 wing four years prior.

There have been much better incarnations of Starscream than the Bay one.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I feel the need to applaud this.

6. DeadLocke

DeadLocke Well-Known Member

Actually, those are his 'accidently mixed up with TC and SW official' stats. His adjusted stats are Courage: 9
    Firepower: 8
    Intelligence: 9
    Strength: 7

Otherwise Skywarp has an 'official' intelligence ranking of 9. ;) 

7. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    Most people are G1 fanatics, so there's gonna be few who favor the movie Starscream.
    I prefer the movie one over the walking brick we got in 1984/1985

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Meh.....He was a disappointment for the most part,
    I'll give him this; in the first movie he was the only competent Decepticon in the whole bunch.
    In the other movies, he was pretty much a shadow.
    And his death was. Just a joke.

Plus I can't get past the chicken-monkey design, and dingy gray colors.

Overall, most disappointing Starscream ever.

9. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

What do you mean 'only competent Decepticon'? Blackout destroyed a military base. Frenzy suceeded in both hacking Air Force 1, locating the Allspark, and thawed out Megatron. Brawl put up a fight against three Autobots before going down and Megatron got in an Autobot casualty. The only moment of 'incompetence' is that they died in the end, (which is practically to be expected in modern movies) but they still put up one good fight in that first movie.

I agree with you that he should have been used more and shown some of his trademarked trachery, but some of his lines were great on their own. I can't convince you to like something you don't, but I can get you to have a little more understanding of his character designers. The coloration is because red, white, and blue make for a horrible disguise when you're supposed to be a military jet. His digigrade legs were designed with real flight in mind. They were made for easier take offs and landings. His 'gorilla' like proportions are because they didn't want him to tower over Optimus as the G1 version should have considering their scale of alt modes and proportions. Naturally, you have every right to downright hate the results, (and the movies definitely have their flaws) but the designers have probably put more care into these 'messes' than most of the other series that come to my mind.

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
  11. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember when I took my at-the-time girlfriend to go see Dark of the Moon and I had sent her pictures of the characters in an email before we went so she would know who everybody was. She saw Starscream and thought he looked the coolest of the bunch. I have to agree with her; he's one of my favorite designs.

12. OPTIMUS GEOFF

OPTIMUS GEOFF Well-Known Member

TF1 Starscream was a badass! The voice and him being a terror in the skies! ROTF and DOTM Starscream's voice was different and was more of Megatron's slaveboy, rather than 2nd in command of the Decepticons. Just my opinion, but TF1 Starscream was best, by far!!

13. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could have been much better if he had killed Bumblebee or one of the Autobots...

14. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    If Transformers 4 could be a reboot, I just wish they'd keep Starscream's design and voice actor, but give him more character and make him a backstabber like he is in G1 and TFP.

15. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yes, Starscream was the most competent Decepticon fighter out of the bunch.
    The only reason why Blackout caused as much damaged as he did was bc he completely caught the military of guard. In an actual fight he went down pretty fast. Brawl got got jumped by 5 Autobots, and spent the rest of the battle wasting his time on 4 humans in a coffee shop.
    Frenzy killed himself...
    Megatron just rampaged like a mindless barbarian. He didn't even have a plan. He was just breaking things. Not something the leader of the Decepticons would do.
    Barricade completely ditched the cons in the final battle. And Bonecrusher....well that was just a pathetic fight.

However Starscream had Ratchet and Ironhide crapping themselves, and used his aerial speed and abilities to thin out the airforce, and had the pilots completely confused by forming up with them. AND he survived the battle.
    Yes, Starscream was only competent Decepticon in the first movie. As for the rest; it was amateur hour.

16. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

love the movie verse SS. I think he's one hundred percent better than G1.

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Despite appearing in all three movies he didn't do much of anything, much less anything involving actual character. People bring up his death, the "cowards survive" line, and even supposedly attacking Megatron as 'evidence' of character, but that's not at all implied in the movies themselves but rather based on Starscreams in general. Even if Starscream is a famous enough character archetype that most everyone knows what he's all about isn't an excuse not to establish him within the movies proper.

I love his design and his voice, but I'd love to see him do something besides destroying human aircraft or exposition in a cool but meaningless location.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Charlie Adler's performance is the one thing I ever liked about Bayverse Starscream.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I hated him. Too pathetic.

The first movie tie in Decepticon DS game had the best portrayal of Starscream I've ever seen. A powerful, treacherous schemer. He took on the Decepticons alone and almost won.

20. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I love him. Tons of epicness in the first movie and plenty of humorous comments in DOTM. His look in the second and third movies is my favorite for the character in the franchise.