Fan Art: Starscream wing kinda broken

Discussion in 'Requests' started by not_prime, Jul 14, 2008.

1. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

Ok, now I have a Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream, and I've been transforming him a fair bit. But just recently part of the joint that flips the wing up broke. I was just wondering how one might fix that. I tried to apply some putty to hold it together, but that didn't really work and then just made it messier. Even tho its broken, it still can be upright, but it falls back ALOT, something like at a 45 degree angle. Help?

Attached Files:

2. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    For mine, I just built a new piece out of leftover plastic from other projects. Then I ground away at the original white piece and glued/screwed the new piece in place.

Sadly, as soon as I fixed that part, the little ring that allows the wing to swing out snapped on me. Off to find a washer to replace it. -.-

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the issue is the joint is too tight. if you use putty, that's all well and good, but you have to make sure the gap is large enough that you can swing the wings around without putty too much pressure on it.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Did the original piece break off or do you still have it. If it just cracked off but is able to fit back on, use super glue to keep it in place then use modeling glue to melt the plastic and bond back together

5. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

I dont think I have really the skill to build a new ring, but if there is a way to peg it to Screamers back, then that would solve the issue. Like I said, it still hangs on, but thats what it does: hang. I want it to stay in place.