Starscream vs Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by UltraPrimus56, Jan 8, 2012.

1. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

How about them fighting one on one, kind of like in TFA, I know Screamer is not as muscular as animated starscream but, maybe he could still fight megs directly, but have some sort of advantage and that could explain why we didnt see him for a while, he could have been creating something. He is a "scientist" after all lol, any ideas?

P.S. sorry for all of the threads, i'm pretty new here so i'm kind of excited to talk and share opinions with fellow tf fans:) 

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's possible that Starscream will try to fight dirty at Megatron in order to stay alive.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless he gets a serious upgrade, Starscream would get his ass handed to him.

Has Starscream even won a fight in this entire show so far? Besides stabbing a helpless weakened Cliffjumper?

4. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I'm going to have to say NO.:lol 

5. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    LOL no, from what we've seen Megs could wipe his ass with Starscream.

On the other hand we haven't actually seen Screamer fight for realz imho. He usually falls victim of sneak attacks in enclosed spaces or retreats from the fight. The only real fight was against Arcee, but even then he had that kinky bondage clamp on his wings so he was out of his element (not to mention he was more focused on bragging about what he did to Cliff' than killing Arcee).

Maybe if Starscream grew a pair of metallic balls he could at least try to take on Megatron and not epic fail at it (like he did in Armada and Galaxy Force, ugh). I like to believe that Starscream was the Air Commander of Energon Seekers for a real reason, that he actually is competent in science and combat. Since in season 2 he will likely be on his own (even if he teams up with Dredwing or MECH), he has to show so mad survival skillz other than begging and groveling. I'm really hoping for a showdown between Megatron and Starscream, I have a feeling that Megs might take desertion far worse than insubordination and assassination attempts.

And hopefully if he ever gets an upgrade, Starscream won't become Buff!Scream form the early concept sketches.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Starscream would get his shit destroyed.

7. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Megatron is absurdly badass in this show, specially in combat: he took a lot of direct shoots from Arcee in the cave without even an scratch, he single handed an empowered (via synthetic energon) Ratchet (who had already taken down Breakdown in a blink) effortless, he punched the Unicron Colossus.... it´s seems none except OP can pose a threat to him. No wonder why SS was terrified of facing him.

8. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    This. Starscream would probably try to do something sneaky like he did with Arcee, but with Megatron it wouldn't make any difference. If Megs could single-handedly destroy 3 (?) giant Unicron avatars, then he'd make mincemeat of Screamer

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seconded. Megatron could easily beat his afterburner.

10. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

problem is, this isn't someone that starscream thinks he's better than like a vehicon, this is megatron. starscream gets scraed when megatron is simply in a bad mood let alone when he's trying to kill him. starscream wouldn't even challenge megatron to a fight because he KNOWS that megatron could and would rip him apart and eat his spark in 10 seconds flat.

11. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    It's true that before facing Megatron Starscream would have to get his shit together and overcome his fears.

Maybe Megatron would get over-confident while fighting Starscream and that would give SS a chance to surprise him with a ... ekh... any form of fighting back (like jet-jodoing Megatrons vehicle form lol). Still there is no discussion who would win, rather whether Starscream would manage to get the upper hand for five seconds so he can get away alive.

12. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think we would see Starscream fight Megatron unless SS carefully planned it out. SS would have to weaken Megatron first by poisoning his Energon drink or something (Idk? What do Transformers do to be evil?).

13. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome!

If Megatron looks cross eyed at SS, that guy gets the shakes, stutters, and begs for mercy.

The only way SS is going to beat Megatron is with some serious help.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If Starscream looked his Concept Art he and Megatron could go toe to toe every week and end in a draw.

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    This is perhaps the definitive Megatron who could absolutely and indefinetly kick wipe his ass with Starscream, Even more so than G1 and Armada. Animated Megatron fought his Starscream to a stalemate before reinforcements arrived; Movie Megatron could probably do the same with his Starscream; and BW Megs was overwhelmed infrequently as well.

Not this Megatron, though; but there's no doubt Starscream won't face him until he has some sort of super upgrade or backup troops. And even then, Starscream would still fight dirty to get the upper hand.

16. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Yeah, I think in a pretty fair fight, Megatron would absolutely DESTROY Starscream. I mean look at him! He's scrawny and Megatron's huge!

But Starscream doesn't play fair, which will make the fight interesting. But he'll have to be his A-game, Megatron's not an idiot, he knew about all of Starscream's little "plans". If he doesn't, he's gonna be nothing but energon and scrap metal by the time Megatron's done with him.

17. LoveTheHeels

LoveTheHeels New Member

He sucked against Arcee because his wings were clamped. I'm surprised he didn't use his missiles on her like he tried to do to the Autobots in Shadowzone.

Against Megatron? He won't stand a chance. He had his chance and botched it. He was sloppy because Soundwave saw and heard everything in between.

Maybe, MAYBE, Starscream will have a chance if he hits by surprise, but I wouldn't count on it.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Not even close. He tossed her around like nothing. Those claws, man, they do serious damage. He only got his ass kicked because she pulled out not-so-burning revenge/justice/courage him.

Starscream would need to be pretty fucking sneaky to get Megs, that's for sure.

19. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well in her defense she was just trying to think of something fast so she can survive. Besides Starscream's no better because he's pretty much the embodiment of treachery and decite!

Anyway back on topic. Look at the facts.

#1 Starscream is VERY thin while Megatron is VERY large

#2 Starscream doens't have weapons that can do massive damage while Megatron has a friggen fusion cannon

#3 Starscream is not the strongest chap out there while Megatron can crush a diamond in his hands with ease.

How will people think this battle would end?:lol 

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Why's everyone selling poor Screamer so short? He's not that weak. Also everyone expects the only way to beat Megetron is fighting him, even though we've seen all it takes is a few rocks to make him helpless. Starscream could set him up to be in a dangerous situation and then just stab him in the brain.
    Means VERY little since he can still hold several tons worth of rocks above his head. Soundwave is even lankier with paper thin arms and he's strong enough to pick up a full sized Transformer in one hand and toss them across a room with little effort.
    A fusion cannon which has barely ever seen to do much damage at all. Also I don't think he's ever actually hit anyone with it.
    Starscream can stab his hands through Autobot armour with ease. Also Megatron has never crushed a diamond. He crushed an energon crystal, which is certainly no diamond.