Starscream & the bots

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwave142, May 5, 2012.

1. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    what exactly is the relationship between starscream and the autobots? Is it more of a " the enemy of my enemy is my friend " is it more like an un-written alliance ? When bulkhead met his clone on the nemisis they seemed pretty much formal ( be4 bulk killed him )

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Shitty writing.

Or ya know, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" can work as well.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

They have every reason to hate him and do. He is not their friend.

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

At best, he is a convenience.

At worst, he is Bulkhead's punching bag.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Fixed.

6. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    To me, it was sort of "We are keeping neutrality" and "having a deal, only if the usefulness is mutual", untill lowbrow turned to "you are obliged to us, help me immediately, I order".
    Now, I think, the best option for StarScream is to shoot every bot he sees, in order to prevent any attacks from them.

7. DepthWave

News Credits:
    They needed to decide, if they are able to leave all that behind or not. But they leave it, when it is useful for them, and bring it back, when they want.

8. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

Starscream is a mercenary who can only really side with the autobots if forced to make a choice.

He tried MECH but they stabbed him in the back, so his side has pretty much been chosen for him....unless he bides his time another option might show up.

That's probably his plan.

9. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream just uses the bots to his advantage. He's the underdog of the whole franchise.

10. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Starscream is not on anyone's side. He is his own side for the time being. However since he will be killed on sight by the Decepticons, he is not likely to deal with them. Any of his Autobot interactions are only when there is something to trade. Bulkhead (who admits he isnt bright, so its not "bad writing") assumed too much from these trade-off dealings and probably figured Starscream to be a bit of an ally. And when Starscream didnt oblige, Bulky got pissed.

11. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I guess it would help if Starscream stopped bringing it up himself. But I agree with you, especially after 'Armada' you can see that 'Bots are no better when it comes to their 'camaraderie' than Starscream.

12. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. DepthWave

News Credits:
    Joke of the week.

14. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

I think they see him the same way Batman sees semi-legitimate businessman version of Penguin. He's still a bad guy until he chooses not to be, but Megatron is the bigger threat and Starscream has proven a valueable informant. He's not a real ally, he's just more useful dead than alive. And Starscream sees the Autobots the same way. Mutual self interest can only go so far however, and they'll eventually need to decide whether he's more con or bot and deal with him accordingly.

15. Darkscream

How so? Starscream murdered Cliffjumper, and maimed Bumblebee. His only redeeming quality in Bulkheads mind was that he could aid their struggle against Megatron. When that proved false, Bulkhead deciding he had no redeeming qualities and punished him as a psychopath that murdered 1 comrade and maimed another should be punished. Its not like Starscream is an innocent Decepticon.

16. DepthWave

News Credits:
    This was a logical thing to do: CliffJumper was a threat to Vechicons, at least. But StarScream's motives were different, through...
    When and where?
    Bee was damaged by MECHs, and StarScream's activity didn't cause any harm, as how it was shown.
    So, StarScream was out of use, which was the real reason, why bulkhead took his resentment, caused by the sense of his own disability, out on SS.

"It's beside the point".

17. Darkscream

To paraphrase: "Hey look Bumblebee, i have your T-Cog, a vital internal organ. But rather than give it back, i'm going to blow it up so you cant have it!"

Much like Hanibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs, Starscream's information was the only thing that made it better to keep him alive than to kill him. He is an obvious deadly threat to the Autobots, but his info could allow them to save more lives than Starscream cost them. However when he says (to paraphrase) "Neiner Neiner i'm not going to help you", this kind of throws that argument for keeping him alive out the window.

18. DepthWave

News Credits:
    It was required - he was a part of MECH that time. I have written it in the previous thread about "was BH wrong".

And about usefulness I have written on the first page:"having a deal, only if the usefulness is mutual". There wasn't any "mutual" in that case.

19. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    Yeah and Bumblebee murdered Skyquake and the 'Bots put a bomb on Makeshift. Cliffjumper engaged a whole fucking warship and was more dead than alive when he was brought before Starscream. I guess 'Screamer could have just leave 'Cliff alive and torture him during interrogation or let him bleed to death in the brig.
    But that is beside the point, because no cybertronian in that show is a saint.
    My point was that the way Bulkhead threatened and eventually executed 'Starscream' proved that he is no better ally to him then Scream is to the 'Bots. I don't want to start an discussion about ethics here, as most was already said in THIS thread.

But since Starscream bolted from the Decepticons the Autobots didn't really consider killing him. They don't kill somebody just because they can, that's not how Optimus wants them to roll (with Megatron being the only exception). Just look what happened to Airachnid. And Starscream doesn't want to fight them either. I know what happened in 'Operation: Bumblebee', but the situation was different. Starscream didn't just attack Bee for the sake of killing an Autobot, he did was was necessary to make a deal with MECH.

20. Darkscream

Your whole argument makes it sound like being evil is necessary. Starscream killed Cliff because he was a threat to the Vehicons. Starscream destroyed the T-Cog because he was part of MECH. That doesnt make the Vehicons or MECH any less evil. And it doesnt make their treacherous, murderous ways to be any less of a threat that must be dealt with. The Decepticons and MECH both do things without consideration of who they may be hurting. If MECH was peaceful, than being part of MECH could be an excuse. If the Vehicons were striving for world peace, than defending the Vehicons could be an excuse. But neither is the case, and thereby neither is an excuse for Starscreams complicity in their activities.