Starscream Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Oct 6, 2006.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Question 1

I am trying to complete my Starscream collection, and I have a ways to go. Someone in the "Cool Stuff" thread posted a pic from the MP-03 manual showing the history of Screamer releases, and there were a couple I didn't recognise.

So, what Starscreams are the two after the Machine Wars one? Basically, both on the third row in THIS PIC.( the two 1998 ones)

2. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

One is from Beast Wars II and the other one.........i'm not sure but maybe neo.

3. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    BOTH Beast Wars II. The one on the left is Starscream from the BB/Starscream set (aka Dreadwing/Smokejumper in RID, yes?) and the one on the right is Hellscream, a rebuilt version of the same Starscream that's a heavily remolded version of the BW Cybershark mold.

4. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

The first one came in a two-pack with BB in Beast Wars 2. Ah. So Hellscream is the BW2 Starscream. cool.

5. GogDog

News Credits:
    So neither one of them is the original G1 Character, right? Starscream in name only?

6. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    About as much as Armada Starscream was.

7. GogDog

News Credits:
    Right. Just making sure, I'm not too keen on the Japanese continuation of BW.

8. GogDog

News Credits:
    Question 2

How many versions of Energon Starscream were there? I have the G1-colored one (Energon Energon), and I have seen the redish one with the green damage. Is this the one that is also known as Ghost-Starscream? Are there more than these two versions?

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You've covered the two US versions. There were also the Japanese (Superlink) versions.

The original version (dark colors, green "battle damage") was essentially the same on either side of the Pacific. I don't think he was officially called "Ghost-Starscream", but he was, indeed, supposed to be a ghost. (I could be wrong, though -- didn't watch much Energon.) He was, however, called Nightscream in Japan -- their first use of that name, IIRC.

The Japanese version of the redeco (Nightscream Reverse) has translucent blue plastic for the wings, shoulders, and weapons, and slight differences in the paint decos. See here for a goodly number of pics.

10. GogDog

News Credits:
    Wow, thanks. I didn't even think about the Jap versions. Reverse came with a crapload of weapons. I may have to track that one down.

Thanks for the great input.

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IIRC Hellscream is amost identical to the toy in the Overbite/Repugnus set from Universe.

It should perhaps also be noted that both Superlink versions of Starscream have different colors from the Energon versions.

There're also a couple of others missing from the list: G2 Starscream (quite obviously) and the version from Cybertron TRU Two pack.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Also, there are the recolours of the G1 Starscream missing - "ghost", "black", and the show-accurate bookstyle reissue. There were also two G2 Starscreams - the G1 rework and the unreleased ATB one (who is similar to the BW2 version).

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A further question now- the Cybershark version, is that the Cyborg Beast? Same character even? I haven't seen the show but I'm collecting the 5 Cyborgs just out of coolness and I'm using my Universe 2-pack shark to fill in for the original since they seem really close in terms of colors.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Cybershark one is the Cyborg Beast, yeah. Interesting trivia, the original Cybershark is the only mold to appear in all three incarnations of Beast Wars - as a hammerhead in the main series, as Hellscream in BW2, and as Sharpedge in BWNeo.

As far as the Universe one VS the orignal goes, I think the only difference is that some plastic is a slightly different colour, and that the Universe one has a Decepticon logo which the other didn't have. In other words, nothing worth shelling for a more expensive Hellscream over, unless you want originals of all four.

16. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i just wanted to chime in that Nightscream-Reverse was by far the best looking version of the E-screamer mold (which is one of my favorite TF molds in history)

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome, thanks Sol!

18. GogDog

News Credits:
    Yeah, I just got a US Energon Energon, and I love the figure. Super posable, and comes with some awesome weapons. I really liked the Nightscream Reverse, so I have to add that to my wishlist now as well.