Starscream Movie 1 (Epic)/Starscream Movie 2 (Dog like)/Transformers 3(!!??!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Thepower911, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Why was starscream so different in the 1st movie???

In the 1st movie he was all tough, knocking jets out of the sky, shooting bombs ect. Handling 3 Autobots on his own during in a fight.

Then in the second film, hes treated like a dog by megatron (thrown, punched, kicked,you name it) Oh and don't forget the Arm ripping by Optimus Prime.

I don't know how he will be treated in the 3rd movie, hopefully better, since hes Air Commander of the decepticons. -_-'

2. slithery_one

slithery_one Our planet, thier war!

Well that is a little more true to how Megs always treated Starscream. And as for Optimus ripping his arm off, well come on. Think about it.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think they went slightly overboard with his character in ROTF..surely there can be a balance between badass and suckup? :) 

The difference was really noticable to me, even if he did only have 2 lines of English in the first movie :p 

The arm ripping off was pretty funny..

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The arm thing is easily explained. Sam was like "No no no no no no no, Optimus I need a hand." and then Optimus was all like "Give me your hand" so he tore off Starscream's arm and threw it at Sam. And then all the forest animals started humping each other.

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    We didn't really get to know SS in TF1, just because he was treated a bit different in TF2 doesn't mean that he can't take down more jets single handidly in TF3.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is how Starscream acts when the boss is around. megatron brutalizes him now, imagine what he'd do if Starscream was openly treacherous?

Don't worry, Screamer will get his day to shine.

7. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    honestly, I kinda liked starscream when he didn't talk. He was much more badass that way....And I wish they made him more treacherous than whiney in ROTF. It seemed like megatron was always beating him up for no reason....

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Well I like Mike Bay, but he's all or nothing. Starscream was badass in one and bitchy in 2, so I hope for once, Bay can get a character right... I'm hope Ehren Kruger is really a tf fan and wrote Starscream correct

9. Screamer55

Screamer55 Well-Known Member

What does that mean? Megs and Screamer always had tension. It only became physical when they disagreed about something.

The change from 1st to 2nd is completely noticable. Its like they were separate characters and that really screwed up Screamer's image in the movies.
    Badass in TF1
    Badass in Reign of Starscream
    Badass in other TF1 comic stories
    Loser in ROTF

Someone let a balloon go. He wasn't even a loser in the ROTF novel!
    Way to go Bay...

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Since the films are self contained perhaps they really didn't plan out the future of the character. Instead of a long term plan perhaps it was all just written as they went along so characters don't always match up to how they were in the previous film. On the bright side of this method it means there is always a chance of improving the character in the third film.

Plus Ceasar121 makes a really good point that we don't what Ehren Kruger's take on the character will be.

11. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

:eek: 

12. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Take it this way.

Starscream gets his ass handed to him by optimus because optimus is... optimus. Lol He's the almighty face taker. Starscream still kicks ass. It's just that he kicks less then optimus and not seen in ROTF.

Just wait. You'll see him cut the other half of megatron's head off =)

13. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    He was just trying to make Starscream the whiny coward that fans complained he wasn't in the first movie.

14. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Don't forget Badass in Transformers: Beginning.

15. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope it isn't the case again that about 6 robots were incorporated into the script as characters and they scrambled to give the rest a line or two in post production. Starscream got a good amount of attention in ROTF, so I think he'll continue to be a major player. Plus, as this is the end of the trilogy, I'm sure he's going to take some sort of action.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea it's really too bad the writer hasn't said much so far because it would be nice to know what his attitude is toward giving more than just a few robots some character in the movie. We don't have to go super deep into every character but you are right that it felt like some characters were only getting their one line thrown in post production instead of being thought out as a character in the film.

17. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that was actually confirmed as true, I listened to a VA panel where the voice actors said they actually came up with quite a bit of the dialogue. If the characters' dialogue isn't even in the script then they obviously aren't getting much attention.

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Some of the best dialogue is ad libbed.

19. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That's how he is. He takes command when Megatron is not around and cowers when Megatron is.

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I saw nothing wrong with Starscream in ROTF. I just want him to be a bit more arrogant around Megatron. More bickering. :D 

The arm-ripping made me LOL so hard in theaters. It was pretty damn funny with that and when Megatron started slapping him with it while abusing him. All the whole time, Starscream's going, "No! No! No!"

Starscream was perfectly capable and badass in ROTF IMO. He was good in the Forest Fight and held his own in the desert battles.

Attached Files: