Starscream going the ARMADA route?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by QLRformer, Aug 16, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Starscream in PRIME has been portrayed as the most insecure of the Decepticons, seeking to prove himself constantly as a definite threat: he constatnly played Decepticons and Autobots and even humans (MECH) against each other, hoping that when the battle was over all his enemies would be destroyed and he'd be the only one left standing, proving himself in command,as seen in PARTNERS, CROSSFIRE and OPERATION BUMBLEBEE ...

"I have been a fool. Made mistakes. Monumental ones. I now realize I was never destined to be leader, or even an equal partner. And, I am at peace with that. I have gained a clear understanding of my place in the universe. Of who I am. Of who I was always meant to be. Starscream: aligned with no side, servant to no one."

Now with all his doubledealing, what are the chances that he'll end up siding with the Autobots to take down Megatron, similar to his ARMADA version but less honourable and noble, more concerned with taking down Megatron and any other Con usurper outside of himself? Do you think it would be interesting to see?

BTW Why didn't Steven Blum use his RID Darkscream voice for the character? Age, or a different approach?

2. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Can't beat armada SS, besides, after him killing CliffJumper and attacking Arcee (even though he saved her) the autobots wouldn't forgive him. Plus theres no human to help him this time.

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I doubt Starscream will fully join the Autobots. They have made it clear several times he is not welcome among them, with Ratchet and Bulkhead willing to leave him for dead unless he proved useful and attempting to kill Optimus with the Apex Armour. Screamer is more suited for a loner, trying to play all opposing sides to keep himself alive and on top. I don't he'll be going down the Armade route, not with the willingness he has shown to turn on the Autobots the minute he gets a chance to reassert his old power/dominance.

As for the voice, Darkscream is a more comedic character, whose high-pitched screeches worked well to show that. Prime Screamer has a deeper more suave voice to show his charisma and sly devilry, and yet also his exuberant gloating and meekness in face of a superior voice. Different voice for different archetype.

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't see SS joining the Autobots, and with the Apex Armor I can see SS showing off and bragging how strong he is over and over again.

5. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Why doesn't Peter Cullen voice Optimus in his Eeyore voice? Why doesn't Frank Welker use his Fred voice?

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    nope, can't see it happening, no matter how fun this starscream is, he can't live up to the pure awesomeness that was armada starscream

7. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    There's a polarizing difference between these two Starscreams that makes them quite ironically alike. One has an impeccably strong sense of honor, which causes him to sway to whatever cause is the most honorbound, and the other has so little backbone that he sways to the side of whoever's not gonna kill him at the moment.

Starscream helped the Autobots because it was advantageous to him. It might later pay off to help Arcee, and Airachnid sure wasn't gonna do him any favors anytime soon. He's not good, he's not even bad, he's just Starscream looking out for Starscream.

Starscream, however, saw the valiance in the Autobot cause, but was conflicted because he had pledged his loyalty to the Decepticons, and he's not the kind of Con to break a pledge. Eventually, he reneged, and went back to the Decepticons, but it was because of what he believed in, not that they were the safest place to be. In fact, being a former traitor near Megatron is probably the least safe place to be.

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Had TFP been more like Beast Wars, I could really see that taking place over the rest of the season and during season three. Showing the signs of change until he finally go with them.

But TFP does not work like Beast Wars, so I don't see the TFP staff doing something that bold. I really expect the time that Starscream rescue Arcee to be forgot about and Arcee will still hate him with a passion. I really think Starscream will end up back with the cons, this Megatron isn't like the Animated take. Who would had killed Starscream as soon as he came back online.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well it'll take a lot of effort for him to really go down the Armada route. After all he proved that he's not the kind to be trusted by the Autobots after what he did. However despite that he's still one of the more intresting characters on the show and if he does show remorse and is willing to really change for the better then I'll look forward to it.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    No.

I'd rather have a Starscream that only changes not because he learns about honour but because he learned about karma and just wants to finally have things start going in his favour.

Basically Jerkass with a heart of Jerk mixed with my Name is Earl.

11. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    This Starscream is too different from him Armada counterpart to go down the same path he did. This Starscream doesn't care about honor, and only cares about staying alive

12. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Ah, but Cullen has used the same voice for Optimus throughout his career, while Welker uses a deeper voice for Megatron since Kaye and Weaving proved a deeper voice worked for the character.

Approach, then. I was worried for Mr Blum.
    And it works well, too. Starscream has that "Loki" vibe about him: someone who aspires big, talks big and schemes big, but when the slag hits the fan he just can't match up to standard.

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

If miraculously the show does do some interesting things and actually have permanent consequences, I could see them doing something along those lines. Arcee started the fight in Partners, he had no reason to save Arcee in Crossfire and only attacked Optimus Prime after he refused an alliance. And he may have killed Cliffjumper but Bulkhead sort of killed him. So in the show and ignoring what the writers would and would not be willing to do, there is a possibility. However it would have to be done differently to Armada to fit with this Starscream's less honorable personality.

14. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I feel as if Starscream is just going to reach a point where he starts looking at himself for why things always blow up in his face. He's always being his worst enemy by saying or doing something rash.

He realized in Partners that he wouldn't be Leader or even Megatron's equal after finally realizing that hes a fuck up of a leader. Soon he'll just be sitting in an abandoned mine where he'll start reflecting on why he's such a screw up

......In fact I wouldn't mind an episode like that. Where he's sitting against a wall in an abandoned mine and starts thinking back to his past; the culmination of flash backing and remembering results in him realizing who really is at fault for his numerous screw ups. Himself.

15. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I was hoping this moment happened in 'Partners', but maybe Starscream really needs to go on a journey through the Pit to actually learn something. But we've got 11 episodes left so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for him to actually develop as a character.

Unless Starscream has some other agenda or finds something worth fighting for other than himself (or the supreme leadership of the Decepticons or Megatron's heart) I doubt the Autobots would ally with him to destroy Megatron just so that 'Scream can take his place again.

16. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Class 103.

Ignore a thread when unable to provide a response or rebuttal, then create new threads to garner more responses. Then dodge the issues again...
    I'm going to debunk you once and for all on this one...

Each and every Starscream in different continuities and spin offs have their own character.

G1 had a conniving backstabber waiting for the perfect opportunity, portrayed in light of Marvel and Sunbow...

Beast Wars continued the Marvel comics style with G1 Sunbow Cartoon elements as a fusion of both.

BWII had a narcissistic, flamboyant descendant of the character looking out for himself and only his brigade of jets/later Cyborg Beasts...

Armada visited a Dinobot styled Starscream that had no intentions of usurping Megatron, only wanting the warrior's path.

Energon saw a humble assassin, proven to be a loyal soldier under Galvatron...

Cybertron envisioned Starscream as a plotter with ambitions to rule em all in the sense that he made the rules so as long as he had no backstabbers...

Animated paid tribute to G1, BW, and BWII.

Go back, read the interview and listen to the podcast he made...

17. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

I sure hope not the only thing armada style I want to see him do is the death

18. Impactor 84

Impactor 84 Artillary Gunner

I can see Hasbro making starsream with an autobot deco. But theres NO way he'll join the autobots full time.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Now that'a clip show that would help the plot out.